13 нояб. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 4×2

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: ...are you trying to hide from the truth?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: What truth?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: That you would prefer to be in sole charge of the estate and not share the crown with Mary.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Don't be silly. This won't make any difference to all that. She won't want to get involved.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: When you talk like that, I'm tempted to ring for Nanny and have you put to bed with no supper.

Joseph Molesley: Don't you understand? I'm at my wits' end!-- I apologize. I should not have said that. It was vulgar and self-important. Please forgive me.

Anna Bates: I felt so sorry for him. To be in debt like that is the worst thing.

Anna Bates: You surprise me.
John Bates: Why?
Anna Bates: I never think of you as social.
John Bates: Why should I be social when I have you?

Mrs. Hughes: What was she called?
Mr. Carson: Alice. Alice Neal.
Mrs. Hughes: And you were fond of her?
Mr. Carson: I was. But people drift in and out of your life, don't they? Truth to tell, I felt she'd treated me badly. What does it matter, anyway? We shout and scream and wail and cry, but in the end we must all die.
Mrs. Hughes: Well, that's cheered me up.

Lady Mary Crawley: And are we to do all this without telling Papa? Isn't that rather underhand?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: There can be too much truth in any relationship.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий