6 нояб. 2021 г.

A Journey to the Highlands

Downton Abbey 3×9


Alfred Nugent: So will we have a bit of a break while they're away, Mr. Carson?
Mr. Carson: What?
James Kent: He meant can we expect some time off? For an outing or something.
Mr. Carson: I don't understand. Has someone forgotten to pay your wages?
Alfred Nugent: No.
Mr. Carson: Exactly. Now, we will start with the ceremonial ware. And when that's done, I want all the silver brought down for cleaning, one room at a time.
Mrs. Hughes: And don't you maids think you're out of it. We'll give every room a thorough cleaning while they're away.

Mrs. Hughes: You can let them have a bit of free time, can't you?
Mr. Carson: If they get the extra work done, then I'll think about it...

Anna Bates: It makes me laugh when I hear Miss O'Brien and Mr. Bates called Mr. and Miss Grantham.
John Bates: Mrs. Bates and I don't often work in the same house party.
Mr. McCree: Of course, you two are married, Miss Crawley. How do you manage at home, being called Bates and Bates?
Anna Bates: We're not. They still call me Anna, like when I was a housemaid.
Sarah O'Brien: Which isn't right. I do so hate to see a lady's maid downgraded.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Bloody hell.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Welcome to the Highlands.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: My dear, no one can accuse me of being modern, but even I can see it's no crime to be young.

Edna Braithwaite: Are you ashamed of who you are? Or of who you were? Is that why you won't eat your dinner with us?

Mrs. Hughes: Oh, go on. You were young once.
Mr. Carson: I'm young now. Well, I'm not old.
Mrs. Hughes: All the more reason to say yes. You'll enjoy yourself.
Mr. Carson: No, I won't be coming. If I came, they wouldn't have fun. They'd spend the day looking over their shoulder.
Mrs. Hughes: Well, I'm going, whether I spoil their fun or not.
Mr. Carson: That's different. They respect you, of course. But I'm their leader. Well, that's put me in my place.

Mr. Carson: Don't envy me, Mrs. Hughes. You know what they say. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

Lady Edith Crawley: How tiny the glens make one feel.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: That is the thing about nature. There's so much of it.

Tom Branson: I'm happy to drive them. But who'll stay here?
Mr. Carson: I will.
Alfred Nugent: You don't want to come to the fair?
Mr. Carson: I would sooner chew broken glass.
Susan MacClare, Marchioness of Flintshire: She looks like a slut!
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh, heavens. That's not a word you often hear among the heather.
Lady Rose MacClare: But Princess Mary has one just like it. It's the fashion now! Susan MacClare, Marchioness of Flintshire: Then it is a mad fashion.
Lady Rose MacClare: Aunt Violet, tell her.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh, my dear, in my time, I wore the crinoline, the bustle and the leg-of-mutton sleeve. I am not in a strong position to criticize.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Do you know, Rose dear, the first ghillies' ball I ever attended was at Balmoral in 1860. Yet I'd not long been married and I confess, you know, I was a little alarmed because all the men were as tight as ticks.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: They do say there's a wild man inside all of us.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: If only he would stay inside...

Tom Branson: I can't bear to be without her.
Mrs. Hughes: You must bear it. And one day, I hope, and so would she, you'll find someone to bear it with you. But until then, be your own master and call your own tune.

Edna Braithwaite: But what have I done wrong? I'm as good as Mr. Branson and there was nothing improper, nothing at all.
Mrs. Hughes: I'm sure. But there are rules to this way of life, Edna. And if you're not prepared to live by them, then it's not the right life for you.

Hugh 'Shrimpie' MacClare, Marquess of Flintshire: Love is like riding or speaking French. If you don't learn it young, it's hard to get the trick of it later.

Mr. Carson: Thank you, thank you very much. Thank you very much indeed.

Matthew Crawley: My darling, how are you? Really?
Lady Mary Crawley: Tired. And pretty relieved. But just think... we've done our duty. Downton is safe. Papa must be dancing a jig.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий