9 нояб. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 4×1

Thomas Barrow: If you ask me, that Nanny West thinks too much of herself.
Alfred Nugent: Why? What's she done? She always seems nice to me.
Thomas Barrow: She only tried to give me orders.
James Kent: You mean she mistook you for a servant?
Alfred Nugent: But he is a servant.
John Bates: Don't tell him that. He'll never get over the shock.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: You've seen her. She hardly has the energy to lift a fork to her mouth.
Tom Branson: She loved him very much...
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: And the price of great love is great misery when one of you dies.

Mrs. Patmore: Did Lady Edith say why she got it?
Daisy Robinson: Oh, her ladyship asked her to. She wants to save us a bit of elbow grease.
Mrs. Patmore: You don't understand. Before too long, her ladyship could run the kitchen with a woman from the village. What with these toasters and mixers and such like, we'd be out of a job.
Daisy Robinson: I want to try it.
Mrs. Patmore: Then on your own head be it!

Nanny West: I don't have to explain my decisions to you. You're a member of staff and the orders I give are to be obeyed.
Thomas Barrow: And aren't you a member of staff?
Nanny West: Not in that way.

Lady Mary Crawley: I suppose you think I behaved very badly down there.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: My dear, I'm not really very interested in whether you behaved badly or well.
Lady Mary Crawley: No?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: No. I am not your governess. I'm your grandmother.
Lady Mary Crawley: And the difference is?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: The difference is... I love you.

Lady Mary Crawley: The truth is, I don't think I'm going to be a very good mother.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Why not?
Lady Mary Crawley: Because somehow with Matthew's death, all the softness that he found in me seems to have dried up and drained away. Maybe it was only ever there in his imagination.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: My dear, there's more than one type of good mother... The fact is, you have a straightforward choice before you. You must choose either death or life.
Lady Mary Crawley: And you think I should choose life?...

Mrs. Hughes: You're very kind.
Isobel Crawley: No, no. We must all do what we can.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий