21 нояб. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 4×4

Thomas Barrow: What's the matter with everyone this merry morn?
Mr. Carson: I always think there's something rather foreign about high spirits at breakfast.

Isobel Crawley: ... But it's immoral to react in such a jealous and selfish way.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, if we only had moral thoughts, what would the poor churchmen find to do?

Anna Bates: Better a broken heart than a broken neck.

Edna Braithwaite: Do you ever wonder why people dislike you so much? It's because you are sly and oily and smug. And I'm really pleased I got the chance to tell you before I go.
Thomas Barrow: Well, if we're playing the truth game, then you're a manipulative little witch, and if your schemes have come to nothing, I'm delighted.

Lady Mary Crawley: Honestly, Papa. Edith's about as mysterious as a bucket. She's gone to see Michael Gregson.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: That's the next thing to look forward to.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I don't dislike him.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh, what a recommendation.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: That was nobly done.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Mm-hmm. She is a good woman, and while the phrase is enough to set one's teeth on edge, there are moments when her virtue demands admiration.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I agree, although I'm rather surprised to hear you say it.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Not as surprised as I am.

Mr. Carson: You're right, Mrs. Hughes... The business of life is the acquisition of memories. In the end, that's all there is.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: There is no such thing as a marriage between two intelligent people that does not sometimes have to negotiate thin ice. I know. You must wait until things become clear. And they will. The damage cannot be irreparable when a man and a woman love each other as much as you do... My goodness. That was strong talk for an Englishman.

Lady Mary Crawley: What happens if I refuse?
Lord Anthony Gillingham: We both know I must marry. I don't need to explain to you how the system we're trapped in works.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий