17 нояб. 2021 г.

Pish Posh and a Secret Back Room

Young Sheldon 5×4


Adult Sheldon: Personally, I don't care for bananas. It's a texture thing.

Connie: Guess what, I'm buying a Laundromat.

Connie: Listen, I've been gambling my whole life and losing to the house. This is my chance to be the house.

Jake: Still dating that Connie?
Dale: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about.
Jake: Oh-oh. I can check into things, but if you think she's lying, she probably is.
Dale: No, no, that's not it.
Jake: Oh. Well, still good life advice.

Jake: Those places are harmless. We look the other way.
Dale: Well, that's good to know. So what other laws are okay to break?

Sheldon: What are you doing?
Missy: Moving my stuff.
Sheldon: But we haven't discussed who gets what yet.
Missy: I get my stuff. You get your stuff. Done.
Sheldon: There's community property. We've lived together for over ten years. In some states, we'd be considered married.
Missy: Gross.
Sheldon: I don't make the rules. I just know them all.

Missy: Fine. As my farewell gift to you, let's do your dumb thing.
Sheldon: See, when you're mean and nice at the same time, it's confusing.
Missy: Too bad, doofus.
Sheldon: Better, thank you.

Sheldon: Do you know the phrase "pish posh"?
Missy: No, and I don't want to.
Sheldon: It's British, and it's used when someone's opinions are absurd. And you're forcing me to use it. Pish posh! Or, more authentically, pish posh!

Connie: So I'm thinking dark red, like a speakeasy. And maybe a little bar in the corner.
Dale: Well, you're gonna need a liquor license.
Connie: Oh, right. 'Cause I don't want to break the law in my illegal gambling room.

Georgie: Over here is my bedroom area, for sleeping and whatnot. That's my gym. And last but not least, kitchen and bathroom.
Mary: Georgie, do not use that sink as a bathroom!
Georgie: Relax. Just number one.

George: You might want to check in on Sheldon.
Mary: Is he okay?
George: Well, he was smiling.
Mary: Smiling how?
George: ...
Mary: Oh, boy.

Sheldon: Did you know when people say "sleep tight," they're referring to when beds were made of ropes, and the tighter the rope, the more comfortable the bed was to sleep on?

Adult Sheldon: My sister wasn't always a fan of my informative tidbits, so I didn't tell her that the entire phrase, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite" is actually from the 1896 book What They Say in New England: A Book of Signs, Sayings, and Superstitions. Until I told her.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий