17 мар. 2019 г.

Superiority Complex

Russian Doll 1×5


Nadia: Hey. Welcome to yesterday.

Alan: I'm pretty sure that it's purgatorial punishment for being a bad person.
Nadia: What is this bad person? I mean, you know, there's Hitler and then there's, uh, everybody else. Even Wile E. Coyote. Yeah, he's out there. He's looking for a hot meal.

Nadia: Point him out later, and I'll bust his fucking knee caps, okay? But for now, you and me got bigger fish to fry. Life and death stuff, huh.

Nadia: My new theory is that it's an incredibly dense gravitational field that's gaining consciousness and is now deliberately fucking with us. Kind of the black hole meets They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Nadia: This isn't gonna be very fun if you keep rejecting my theories.
Alan: You rejected mine.
Nadia: Yeah, because it was morally simplistic and narcissistic... I mean, the universe is moral, but it shares your views on morality... We'll try your way.

Nadia: For my birthday, tell me if I'm a bad person.

Nadia: Oh, this is Alan. He's basically a child that the universe has tasked me with babysitting. Would you say that's a fair assessment?
Alan: Sure.


John: Why'd you even bring her up though?
Nadia: You're supposed to ask people about their kids. Okay? It's polite. It gives everybody a moment to pretend there's gonna be a future.

Nadia: With the amount of guilt, I'm surprised you're not a Jew.

Nadia: Hey, Ruth, if you were gonna die today, would you be ready for it? Like would you feel at peace with your life?
Ruth: Yes and no.
Nadia: So, how do you get to just yes?
Ruth: You don't... See, holding two incompatible ideas in your head at the same time and accepting both of them... that's the best of being human.... Yes, no, good, bad, life, death.
Nadia: Wax on, wax off. Tomato, tomato. Potato, two potatoes—

Nadia: Hey, wait a second. Are you telling me that you're never dying on the stairs?
Alan: No.
Nadia: Are you some kind of a fucking superhero or just a...

Mike: She didn't choose me, Alan. The only choice she made was not you. Nobody chooses me. I'm the hole where a choice should be.

Nadia: What if they keep going?... I thought that what was happening to us wasn't hurting anybody else, but... I mean, they're all in it, too... Fifteen times, Ruth has grieved for me. In 15 universes, she's alone.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий