17 мар. 2019 г.

Reflection

Russian Doll 1×6


Nadia: Look, man, I got to be honest with you. If I was inventing hell, it would look a lot like this.

Nadia: I mean, our lives depend on each other for, like, eternity? That's my own worst personal nightmare.

Nadia: No, man, it's... it's not you. It's... I don't want to be attached to anyone. I want to just at least maintain the illusion of free will, you know?

Nadia: Oh, wow. You starting a cleaning supply company?
Alan: Well, you... you got some ash on the table.
Nadia: Man, take a chill pill, okay? It'll reset when we die.

Alan: Uh... I'd bet my life on it.
Nadia: Well, that does not mean much given our present circumstances.

Nadia: Honestly, it's the only unknown factor that we have. Johari window. You know, it's a known unknown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johari_window

Alan: Why... Why mirrors?
Ruth: Reflection. Proof of existence. Another pair of eyes. See, that's why therapists are important. Without them, we are very unreliable narrators of our own stories.

Nadia: Okay, new plan. Hear me out...

Nadia: What if I go through your night with you? We recreate what you did that first time. Maybe I see something that you didn't...

Nadia: All right, what did you do first?...


Nadia: You know what? I really was fucking amazing. I gotta tell you, man. I never stick my neck out for anybody, but I feel like fucking Rocky right now.

Nadia: All right, so, what happened next?...

Nadia: Uh, hey, bartendress. Hello. Uh, more drunk, please.

Alan: How much is 150...
Nadia: You know, the price of gold fluctuates, but, uh... if I had to guess... $152,780.86.
Alan: Whoa.
Nadia: Yeah. I know this, because why? Because it was my fucking college fund. But hey, I got a pretty necklace, right? So...

Nadia: You know what, man? Don't work too hard. I mean, it's only eternity.

Alan: Beatrice Mike?!
Nadia: Yeah. What are the odds, right? I mean, like, she's cheating on you, he's cheating on her, right? Ipso facto, transparently speaking it's like we all fucked Beatrice. I mean, you the most, of course, but, you know, in a kind of fun gang-bang way, it's like a mash-em-up.

Nadia: ...And second of all, the sex was, I want to say, mediocre at best. Like medium, you know? And there's no way that it set off a whole world-bending multiverse wonderland fucking splitting-level shit, all right?

Ruth: Look, don't you want to move on with your life?
Nadia: You know what, Ruth? Seriously... Humanity... a little bit overrated, no?
Ruth: We need other people.
Nadia: Other people are garbage.
Ruth: Then forgive them.
Nadia: Oh, God.
Ruth: That's what I do with you. Just... try it sometime.
Nadia: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Chag sameach.

Maxine: Sweet birthday baby, having fun?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий