6 мар. 2019 г.

Our Little Island Girl

This Is Us 3×13


Principal Clarke: Oh, you don't have to apologize to me. Apologize to yourself, and don't let it happen again.

Abe Clarke: Baby, you've seen how good our girl is. It couldn't hurt to just check the place out... She's our little island girl. She danced before she walked. Remember?

Carol Clarke: Your father and I, we're gonna make this happen. But if you go here, you'll have to give it everything. You'll have to be the best. Now, is this what you want, to work hard at dancing every single day?
Bethany: Yes, Mama.

Bethany: I can be the exception, too. I've wanted this since I was a little girl. I'm going to get the solo. I'm going to get scouted. And, in a few years, I'm gonna be living in London, working as the principal ballerina with The Royal Ballet.

Carol Clarke: Wipe those tears. We have to be strong.

Carol Clarke: Okay, we will sort all this out. Tomorrow morning, I will brew a pot of coffee, and we will make a list of all the great firms in your city. Then, together, we will proof your résumé, go to Staples, get some fancy paper, and begin mailing them out.
Beth: Mailing it out? I'm sorry, did we step through a portal to 1998?
Carol Clarke: Don't be smart.

Carol Clarke: And you are not gonna give up years of training. You're gonna stick to the path you chose, and you will be the best.


Abe Clarke: Your mama would never admit it now, but she sobbed. We were so happy. Our little island girl, who dance before she walked. That's who you are. Never forget, baby girl.
Bethany: I won't.

Carol Clarke: That was the plan. But now we have to choose a different path for you.
Bethany: A different path?
Carol Clarke: I'm sorry. I-I really am. But I just don't see dance as a path for you.

Carol Clarke: I cannot watch you move to New York and struggle to make ends meet while you audition for companies that you're never going to get into. I won't continue to pay for this school. It's setting you up to fail.

Beth: Just keep on going like you always do, right, Mom? Even in pain. That's what Clarke women do, right? No room for weakness.

Carol Clarke: ...he was exactly what I needed. I was too serious; he wasn't serious enough. But together we made the perfect balance.

Principal Clarke: Mr. Marcus, get your head out of that phone. There's a whole world out here that you're missing.

Beth: Actually, I have something else in mind. I want to teach.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий