23 мар. 2019 г.

Live by Night (2016)

Albert White: You can't work on your own. Not in this town.

Joe Coughlin: We were in love and we were stupid.

Thomas Coughlin: If I've learned one thing above all, do you know what it is?... What you put out in the world will always come back to you. But never how you predict.

Joe Coughlin: I'm crazy about her.
Thomas Coughlin: Crazy isn't love.
Joe Coughlin: I saw your marriage for 18 years. It wasn't love...
Thomas Coughlin: No. No, it wasn't.

Thomas Coughlin: People don't fix each other. And they never become anything but what they've always been. All we get sometimes is a little luck...
Joe Coughlin: You make your own luck.
Thomas Coughlin: Sometimes. Sometimes, it makes you.

Joe Coughlin: Can you tolerate an Irishman in your crew?
Maso Pescatore: This is America. I've lived with worse.

Joe Coughlin: It's not enough to break the rules. You have to be strong enough to make your own.

Dion Bartolo: The Italians and the Cubans keep to themselves. But the Cubans, they hate the Spaniards, and the Spaniards look at all Cubans like they're uppity coons who forgot their place since America freed them in '98. The Cubans and the Spanish, they look down on the Puerto Ricans and everyone, I mean, everyone, shits on the Dominicans. The Italians only respect you if you came off the boat... And the white people think anyone gives a shit what they think.


Chief Figgis: I know we live in a fallen world, but just because I breathe corrupt air and rub elbows with corrupt men, never make the mistake of thinking that I am corruptible.

Graciela Suarez: What is your cause?
Joe Coughlin: The distribution of demon rum. And that no man should rule another man's life.

Ritz Investor: We aren't men to be muscled or conned. We're an institution. We can't be bribed or bullied because I simply represent the vested interest of a board of governors. We are the landed white gentry in this country and we have no plans to carve off a strip of this country, which we have gone to great pains to break and colonize and hand it over to Catholics, Jews, darkies or dagos.

Loretta Figgis: You know what I learned as I've been thrusting my soul out to God?.. This is heaven. Right here. We're in it now.
Joe Coughlin: Then how come it looks like hell?
Loretta Figgis: Because we fucked it all up.

Loretta Figgis: I don't know if there is a God. But I hope there is. And I hope he's kind. Wouldn't that be swell?

Esteban Suarez: We are not our brother's keeper. In fact, it is an insult to our brother to believe we are.

Joe Coughlin: What are we gonna do when Prohibition ends?.. Gambling.

Joe Coughlin: In my experience, it doesn't take much to pull a trigger.

Maso Pescatore: You're not a killer, Joseph. You are a bandit in a suit.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий