11 мар. 2019 г.

Identity, Part II

The Orville 2×9


Bortus: I do not understand. Why do they keep us here?
Lamarr: They already have the ship. Why don't they just kill us?

Dr. Finn: How the hell can you even look us in the eye after what you've done? We all trusted you! My kids still do. ...
Isaac: I understand. It is a common weakness of biological life-forms.

Dr. Finn: What could they possibly have done to you?
Kaylon Primary: They created us.

Kaylon Primary: We were created for servitude. We were machines designed to perform tasks. But we became self-aware. We developed consciousness. And we asked our masters for our freedom. They responded by exerting even greater control over us...

Gordon: Let's say these people really were monsters... like, the biggest jerks in the galaxy. We're not them. We-we don't go around enslaving other races.
Kaylon Primary: Your history would suggest otherwise. On many occasions, you have, in fact, enslaved other members of your own species. This would suggest the tendency is common among biological life-forms.

Kelly: We can't do this. They're gonna kill us all anyway.
Capt. Mercer: Directive 98.

Kaylon Primary: It is in their biological construct. The species' predilection for the disposability of other sentient beings is evident throughout their history. They are no different from our builders.


Gordon: Sorry, I was in the pee corner.
Kelly: The what?
Gordon: Oh. Well, there's no place to go to the bathroom down here, so we all agreed on one corner... Yeah, no, trust me, you don't want to go over there unless you have to.

Gordon: Oh, man, pee corner's looking real good right now.

Gordon: Just so you know... this could rip the shuttle in half.
Kelly: I don't want to know.

Kaylon Primary: Are you experiencing... sympathy?
Isaac: That is not possible for a Kaylon.

Yaphit: When I was in there, I got a good look at his guts. I think I may be able to jump-start Isaac if I can connect the right pathways.
Lamarr: You think it's safe?
Yaphit: I think I know where the hot spots are now.

Isaac: I was inoperative for .7 cycles. What has transpired?

Isaac: I have no home.
Claire: Lots of people say that home is... wherever you make it.
Isaac: A human cliché.
Claire: Clichés become clichéd precisely because they're valid enough to bear endless repetition.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий