14 сент. 2018 г.

Flying

The Good Place 1×2


Chidi: This is a mess, morally speaking. This is a putrid, disgusting bowl of ethical soup.

Chidi: We spent the whole day together. You must remember something... What country am I from?
Eleanor: Is it racist... if I say Africa?

Eleanor: When I thought of the afterlife, I totally pictured being an unpaid, non-flying janitor.

Chidi: Most great philosophers would say helping you is pointless, that you can't try to be good, especially when your motivations are so obviously corrupt...
Eleanor: Yeah, but what do most great philosophers know?
Chidi: On the other hand, Aristotle thought that moral virtue is something that you could get better at. He... he compared it to playing the flute. The more you practice, the more you improve...
Eleanor: Aristotle! That's my boy, right there.

Eleanor: I made a bad choice?! We could have literally been flying, and all you wanted to do was talk about morals. I mean, you're like the worst part of Superman.

Eleanor: I felt bad about what I did. It was a weird feeling. Not used to it. Didn't love it.
Chidi: Well, feeling remorse about being wrong isn't as good as just doing something right, but it's a start.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий