22 сент. 2018 г.

American Pastoral (2016)

Swede Levov: He just wants to ask you a couple of things, that's all... He wants to get to know you and he's not an easy guy, but if you stand your ground. ...
Lou Levov: What do you people say about Jews?

Dawn: I would want our child to be baptized, yes.
Lou: Baptized? No. That's a no.
Dawn: But... Baptism, it washes away original sin. Without it, if they die, they go to limbo.
Lou: Limbo, I don't know about, but baptism, I can't allow.

Dawn: It's important to me, Mr. Levov. All of the sacraments are important. Like communion, the Eucharist...
Lou: What is that?
Dawn: Well, everybody kneels and you eat the Body of Christ.
Lou: I cannot go that far. I'm sorry. I have the highest respect, but my grandchild is not going to eat Jesus. I can give you Christmas.
Dawn: What about Easter?
Lou: Easter? She wants Easter, Seymour!

Swede: If you take a stand, people notice. If you oppose the war right here with all your strength... This is part of America too, you know.
Merry: Read Marx. Revolutions don't begin in the countryside.
Swede: We're not talking about revolution.
Merry: You're not talking about revolution.


Swede: I mean, you're a parent, Penny. My God, you know how hard it is! And then, things come up with kids, from inside them, someplace inside. How can you know what to do? You try. You love them...

Swede: Slowly. Always slowly the first time... Feel how it expands when you make a fist...

Agent Dolan: You've done everything wrong you possibly could've.
Swede: Since when?

Merry: Why are apes here? Why are kangaroos here? Life is just a short space of time in which you were alive.

Merry: Daddy, how much suffering do you want?

Swede: Who are you? Where is my daughter?

Merry: If you love me, you'll let me be.

Nathan Zuckerman: You come at people with an open mind and yet you never fail to get them wrong. You get them wrong while you're with them or you tell someone about them and get them wrong again. That's how we know we're alive. We are wrong.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий