19 февр. 2015 г.

The Female of the Species

Elementary 3×14

& Holmes: I also require that you change your online user name. The cheap punnery of «BeeBeeKing17» is offensive to musicians and apiarists alike.

& Holmes: So what seems to be the problem?

& Det. Bell: How’d you know I didn’t have plans for the day?
    Holmes: People who are forced by their employers to take time off don’t generally have thriving social lives.

& Holmes: Tread is identical, but one set of tracks is approximately one centimeter deeper than the other. If you need me to translate that into the idiom of American exceptionalism, a centimeter is about a third of an inch.

& Det. Bell: Well, where’d you find this? ’Cause CSU was already in there, and they didn’t find anything.
    Holmes: Well, they failed to examine the zebra droppings.


& Holmes: Lasagna is best eaten after a short cooling off period. This should be at optimal temperature shortly.

& Holmes: You know the slang «to eighty-six,» meaning to get rid of something, originated in a New York speakeasy called Chumley’s?.. You see, the rear entrance of the bar held the address 86 Bedford Street. Now, when the manager got word that a raid was on its way, he would eighty-six his patrons. He would rush them out of the back door, the 86 Bedford Street door, while he greeted police at the front.
    Det. Bell: I assume you’re going somewhere with this.

& Holmes: ....These are the facts. Questions?
    Det. Bell: Yes. What am I doing here? I mean, we had a work day. It ended. The normal thing is to go our separate ways for a few hours.
    Holmes: The fire of deduction cannot be kindled without the frisson of person-to-person contact.

& Det. Bell: Ah. I don’t eat red meat.
    Holmes: A man of hidden depths.

& Watson: I feel... okay. I feel clear about something. Our work, what we do... it’s not just a job now. It’s who I am. I’m a detective. I’m ready to embrace that.

& Holmes: It isn’t my world. It’s our world.
    Watson: I understand that now.

& Watson: I want to come back to the brownstone.

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий