2 февр. 2015 г.

Curtain Call

American Horror Story: Freak Show

4×13

& Paul: There’s nowhere to go. Our world is dying, sweetheart. This is the end of the line.

& Dandy: No, no, no! Turn it off! I told you a million trillion times, the blue light is for «Night and Day.» Blue symbolizes night. For «Anything Goes,» I need the magenta light to accentuate my spirited rendition. I’m surrounded by amateurs.

& Dandy: No one cares what you think, any of you. I’m in charge here, and I say it’s your fault.

& Elsa: Where is Mr. Gable? I did not see him pass through...
    Denise: He went out the back to avoid you.
    Elsa: And you let me sit here, like a fool, all day? What kind of a place is this?
    Denise: Hollywood... If you ask me, change your act. Marlene did it better.

& Michael: I’m Michael Beck. Previously Michael Beckenbauer. Hollywood’s funny about German surnames.
    Elsa: They’re afraid you are Nazi.
    Michael: Worse. Communist.

& Dandy: Showtime.

& Bette: To my new... wonderful husband.
    Dot: To our wonderful new husband.

& Bette: How many children are you proposing, Mr. Mott?
    Dandy: A whole lot of ’em. I’ve always found babies to be so boring, but freak babies... oh... Do you think we might even make a three-headed girl?
    Bette: We can certainly try.

& Dandy: What’s going on?
    Desiree: Wedding night’s been cancelled.


& Desiree: I think it’s time for the next course. Butler!

& Desiree: Can’t we just cut his balls off?
    Jimmy: We’re carny folk. Showmen. It’s gotta be theatrical.

& Dandy: I was just doing what God put me on this earth to do. You ca... you... you can’t punish a man for fulfilling his purpose!

& Dandy: Marriage is hard, but I love you. Please just let me out of here, and let’s go home. Please. I want to go home.
    Bette: Well, you’re about to go home. Right down to hell.

& Desiree: That’s where you think freaks belong— powerless, behind glass, a human car crash to stare at and remind you how lucky you are. Well, maybe that’s true. Maybe that’s all we are, but let me tell you this, pretty boy. You may look like a motion picture dreamboat, but you are the biggest freak of them all.

& Jimmy: Look at us. We will always win, because we’ll always defend each other to the death. You want to know why? Because we have no one else to turn to. The freaks shall inherit the earth.

& Jimmy: Heck of a show.
    Desiree: That boy... is a star.

& Elsa: No, Massimo, I have always, always, always been cursed. First by... having my dreams ripped away. And now I am cursed by having them all come true.

& Elsa: Mr. Gable, we can fix this, right? I mean... I mean, everybody has a price, right?
    Mr. Gable: We tried to reason with Miss Hopper. She won’t have it. She’s publishing her article next week.

& Elsa: I’ve changed my mind. I will perform on Halloween. Why not? Might as well go out with a bang...
    Anouncer: Places, everyone. Elsa Mars’ Halloween Spooktacular.

& Jimmy: How are my girls feeling?
    Dot: Just fine. All of us.

& The Clown: It hurts, but only for a moment.

& Elsa: I don’t understand. Where is this place? Ethel?
    Ethel: The sins of the living don’t add up to much around here. In life, we play the parts we’re cast in.
    Elsa: But don’t I have to pay? I mean, don’t I have to pay for my sins? For all the mistakes I’ve made?
    Ethel: Can you imagine the police showing up at the Old Globe and arresting the guy playing Othello for murdering Desdemona?.. Besides, it’s like you always said, sweetheart. Stars never pay.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий