13 февр. 2015 г.

Elsa & Fred

& Fred: Do you have children?
    Laverne: Yes. A baby girl. She lives in Pittsburgh with my sister.
    Fred: Just enjoy her while she’s still small... And hasn’t picked some idiot to marry.

& Elsa: If you need anything, you call me and I’m right next door.
    Fred: Yes, I already pay a lady to ask me if I need anything and to hear me say that I don’t.

& Elsa: A bear with angel wings. Whoa! Artichoke with a tender heart. Whoa. A porcupine... With the sweetness of a panda.

& Laverne: I’m going to the store. Anything you’d like in particular?
    Fred: Yeah, to be 30 years younger and have a prostate the size of a peanut. Thank you, Laverne.
    Laverne: Okay, I’ll check it out. See what they can do.

& Michael: There’s a nice park nearby...
    Fred: «There’s a nice park.» Why’s everybody keep talking about this park? I mean, what’s so great about this park? Sitting on a bench, looking like an idiot.

& Elsa: Make some music. A song. I don’t care about technique. I mean, so-so will do.
    Fred: Excuse me! I don’t do anything so-so. I never have, until now. Now I’m old, everything is so-so. I much prefer lying in bed than to waste energy obtaining results that I know will always be mediocre, and that goes for walking, talking, thinking. Every day, worse.


& Elsa: You gave me the most wonderful gift last night... Thank you. I mean, that you asked for my help, Fred. And asking for help, it’s showing your weaknesses and your helplessness and standing naked in front of others. You were naked in front of me, Fred. It’s a special, precious thing, letting someone help you.

& Elsa: Fred, the path to life is long.
    Fred: Who said that, Gandhi? Mother Teresa of Calcutta? Rocky Balboa?
    Elsa: No, I said it, Fred.

& Elsa: You’re 80? You’re... You’re older than me.
    Fred: Really?
    Elsa: Well, that sentence didn’t come out right. I’m 74. You’re with a younger woman.

& Elsa: So, tell me, with all your 80 years being on this earth, how much did you laugh?

& Doctor: Old women are old, young girls are young, and we... We’re just trash.

& Elsa: It’s a real pleasure to meet you.
    John: Pleasure’s mine.
    Elsa: I know.

& Elsa: Do you know what Pablo said to me?
    Fred: Pablo who?
    Elsa: Picasso, you know. He said, «what you should do is mock death, and then, she will be afraid of you.» You’re not afraid of death. Fred, you’re afraid of life.

& Elsa: If you wait two more seconds, I’m going to go.

& Fred: We’re going to die of pneumonia!
    Elsa: Would this be such a terrible place to die?

--
On the IMDb

Σ Charming. And touching. And delightful.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий