30 сент. 2013 г.

Step Nine

Elementary 2×1

& Sherlock: Well, precision in all things, Watson. When one is constructing a geometric proof, one must occasionally review the givens.

& Sherlock: My relationship with Lestrade started as a marriage of convenience.

& Watson: It sounds like this is very personal. Are you sure you want me to come along?
    Sherlock: Well, without you, the airline might seat me next to a morbidly obese person. Or a child. Or a morbidly obese child.

& Watson: You know, when I first started working with you, you mentioned that you left London in disgrace. Have you thought about what it’s gonna be like when you go back there?
    Sherlock: I’m a different man now, Watson. It’s a different city. London is always a different city.

& Watson: So, uh, this is your old place?
    Sherlock: 221B is my original sanctum sanctorum. It is the only aspect of my life in London that I have truly missed.

& Sherlock: 221B is a good deal more than nice, Watson. I spent the best part of ten years transforming it into a virtual womb of creativity. Stepping inside it isn’t unlike stepping inside my very brain. You will no doubt see things that will confuse or even upset you. Odd experiments, texts in dead languages, trophies from old cases...
    Watson: Does it have a bed?

& Watson: Well. The inside of your brain is... kind of boring.

& Sherlock: Watson, our rest is going to have to wait. We need to locate... Oh... My... God.
    Mycroft: Mycroft.

& Mycroft: Miss Watson.
    Watson: It’s... it’s nice to meet you.
    Mycroft: I’m Mycroft. Mycroft Holmes. I’m Sherlock’s brother.


& Watson: He’s changed a lot.
    Mycroft: People often say that about addicts, don’t they? “He’s changed, he’s better now.” Sherlock is addicted to being himself.

& Sherlock: You are attracted to Mycroft.
    Watson: Um, no, I’m not.
    Sherlock: Hm. Makes a certain amount of sense. It’s classic transference. You wouldn’t be sleeping with him. Psychologically speaking, you’d be sleeping with me. Oh, you surely thought about it. You can’t go to bed with me. We’re business partners and you’re my former sober companion. But you can sleep with a cheap knockoff version of me, and that is Mycroft.

& Watson: You had to tell him I was the number one home security expert? You couldn’t have told him I was number eight or something?

& Lestrade: It’s unbelievable. And all of this from a photograph of a pint of milk?
    Sherlock: And a nail.
    Watson: It’s illegal for a gun company to make or manufacture a plastic weapon. But with advances in 3-D printing, it makes it possible for anyone with the right specs to build one in the comfort of their own home. They only need one piece of metal to make it work: a nail to act as the firing pin.
Ω Present-ly.

& Sherlock: London, like New York, is a beacon of freedom and a target for terrorists. It is, as a consequence, one of the most observed cities in the world. Its network of thousands upon thousands of CCTV cameras track the movements of its citizens, looking for anything at all out of place.
    Watson: Yeah, I noticed. They’re kind of everywhere.

& Watson: Can’t you just call this guy?
    Sherlock: Hasn’t owned a phone since they became GPS-capable. He doesn’t like the idea that one could be used to track him.

& Mycroft: I want to know how you did it. I want to know... how does one become Sherlock Holmes’ friend?

& Sherlock: Curious. I never felt this particular cocktail of emotions. Anger, exasperation... and a hint of...
    Watson: Worry? Yeah, well, welcome to caring about an addict.

& Mycroft: Well, you’re lucky I didn’t turn it all in to the police. Your collection included, amongst other things, a real shrunken head, what appeared to be an authentic Picasso and an entire series of books on homemade bomb building.

& Sherlock: Something’s wrong. You’re too calm.

& Mycroft: I sought a little advice from Joan about how best to communicate with you.
    Sherlock: And why on earth would you want to do that?
    Mycroft: She said that when one has something to tell you, one must make really, really sure that you’re listening.

& Mycroft: Have a safe trip back to the colonies.

& Watson: You okay?
    Sherlock: I believe I’ve just made a rapprochement with my brother.
    Watson: Oh, that’s great.
    Sherlock: He used a homemade explosive device to destroy what was left of my things.
    Watson: Ah. Sounds like maybe he’s a little more like you than you thought.
    Sherlock: Art in the blood, Watson. It takes the strangest forms.

--
On the IMDb


Σ Lestrade, London, Mycroft, 221B... Cool. A pleasant return.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий