5 сент. 2013 г.

Clear History

& A cop: Sir, you are clearly intoxicated.
    Nathan: I’m not! I wasn’t drinking. I was just happy. Is that the penalty for being happy?

& Nathan: I’m sick of these outlets always on the floor! Every time I try and plug something in, I have to move furniture, and I strain my back. Why can’t outlets be up here? At eye level.
    Ben: Eye level?
    Nathan: What are they, like genitals? We have to hide them? Why are we hiding outlets? Think about it.

& Nathan: You’re making it impossible for me to market this car. I can’t do it. Nobody’s gonna buy a car named Howard. It’s like naming a restaurant ’Hepatitis.’

& Nathan: ... I actually love the name Howard. I do. I was thinking about the name last night. Howard’s a solid name. Howard’s a good guy. There’s a lot of good Howards. They’re average. They’re an average guy doing average things. And this is the campaign: Solid, dependable, trustworthy, that’s our Howard.
    Haney: The name that yesterday you had nothing but disparaging comments about.
    Nathan: I’m really sorry. I am. I’m sorry.
    Haney: Yeah. Sounds to me like you’re sorry you fucked up, but not, you know, not for what’s underneath it.
    Nathan: I apologized. That’s what’s important.
    Haney: It doesn’t matter if you apologize if it’s not sincere.
    Nathan: Apologies don’t have to be sincere. It’s just the act of the apology itself.
    Haney: It’s only... all that matters is if you’re acting sincere. That is literally the only thing an apology has to be, is sincere. Otherwise, it’s just words.
    Nathan: I’m acting sincere.
    Haney: Of course, I don’t believe it.


& Carl: Did you get that birthday e-mail I sent you?
    Nathan: Oh, well, you know Carl, generally, I gotta tell you, I don’t reply to birthday e-mails. You know, “thank you very much. So kind of you. Oh, you remembered.” It turns the birthday into a job. The birthday shouldn’t be a job. We should be celebrating a birthday. We shouldn’t be going, “Oh, it’s my birthday, I have to go to work.”

& Nathan: How much is the estimate?
    Tibor: Thirteen-hundred dollars. ...
    Nathan: Where’d you get this estimate?
    Tibor: I got it from Vlad’s Body Shop.
    Nathan: Vlad is a Chechen.
    Tibor: What’s the problem?
    Nathan: You’re in Chechen cahoots.
    Tibor: No, it’s Chechen coincidence.
    Nathan: Oh, that’s a coincidence?
    Tibor: I want to ask you something. You have problem with Chechen people?
    Nathan: Me? Are you kidding? I adore the Chechen people! You’re one of my top five ethnic groups.

& Nathan: There’s something I need to tell you.
    Tibor: What do you need to tell me?
    Nathan: She blew Chicago.
    Tibor: The city?
    Nathan: The band.
    Tibor: “25 or 6 to 4” Chicago?
    Nathan: Yes. Yes.
    Tibor: How do you know this?
    Nathan: It’s common knowledge. Everybody on the island knows this.
    Tibor: She blew Chicago?
    Nathan: It’s not such a big deal. You blow people. People blow people, it happens. Eh... it’s not so bad.

& Rhonda: Are you crazy?! Are you out of your fucking mind?!!
    Nathan: No good?

& Frank: Are you excited? You ready to get back into things?
    Nathan: Back into what?
    Frank: Future’s wide-open now.
    Nathan: Really? What am I gonna do?
    Frank: I don’t know. Maybe you could, uh, become a wizard, find the hobbits and help them destroy the ring.
    Nathan: You don’t like my look?
    Frank: If you do decide to change your name again, Gandalf could be a good way to go.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий