12 июн. 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x13

The Phantom

& Beth: I knew you’d show.
    Pete: Because I’m pathetic?
    Beth: If you’re so angry, why did you come?
    Pete: You know I had to.

& Megan: Listen, just forget I brought any of this up. It’s just... It’s been so hard, you know.
    Don: I do. Look, you don’t want it this way. You wanna be somebody’s discovery, not somebody’s wife.

& Don: So what’s your question?
    Joan: Why would he do that?
    Don: You’ll never get an answer. You can’t think about that.
    Joan: But I do. And then I can’t stop it... What could I have done?
    Don: Nothing.
    Joan: It’s not true. Why didn’t I give him what he wanted?
    Don: What did he want?
    Joan: ........
    Don: ........

& Megan: Why are you always so nice to strangers? You don’t every care about what I wanna do. ... You’re supposed to be encouraging.
    Marie: Not every little girl gets to do what they want. The world cannot support that many ballerinas.
Is that what you tell yourself?

& Roger: You know, one of my partners, he ended it all. You have to be so sure you were going someplace better, wouldn’t you?.. But I think maybe that place is here.


& Marie: She left my house a happy girl.
    Don: And you show up and she’s miserable.
    Marie: I know it’s hard to watch, but this is what happens when you have the artistic temperament, but you are not an artist. Take my advice, nurse her through this defeat and you shall have the life you desire.

& Adam: I’m gonna do you a favor and take it out. But it’s not your tooth that’s rotten.

& Don: Don’t leave me.
    Adam: Don’t worry. I’ll hang around. Get it?

& Pete: Well, it was nice to meet you.
    [new] Beth: Good luck with your friend.

& Don: What are you doing here? Did you lose your job?
    Peggy: No. Did you?

John Barry — You Only Live Twice

You only live twice...
Or so it seems
one life for yourself
and one for your dreams
and life seems tame
till one dream appears
and love is its name
and love is a stranger
who’ll beckon you on
don’t think of the danger
or the stranger is gone...
This dream is for you
so pay the price...
And love is a stranger

& — Excuse me, do you have a light? ... Thank you. I’m sorry, but my friend down there, she was wondering... Are you alone?

--
On the Imdb

__ Case closed or not? 'Cause everything seems to be settled and life's going on.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий