27 июн. 2012 г.

Continuum 1x5

A Test of Time

& Travis: We are still at war...
    Kagame: A war we will never win unless we fight it on the enemy’s terms. We don’t need guns to transform this world... We have the knowledge of what will happen and the power to imagine better.

& Sonya: How do we begin?
    Kagame: By securing our position.
    Lucas: Attack the Protector?
    Kagame: Attack her we will. But not the way she will expect it.

& Kellogg: It’s all your fault. You had to threat Lucas with killing his grandparents. It got them all going about what might happen if one of our ancestors were killed. And now Kagame, he want to try a grand experiment to test our paradoxical vulnerability. Cupcake?
    Kiera: So that makes me what... A guinea pig?
    Kellogg: Squeak squeak...

& Kellogg: I don’t know all the details about how our escape was arranged, but I do know that the guards were in on it. Who knows how high the conspiracy went?..
    Kiera: Are you telling me that I might be here for a reason? Part of a bigger plan?..

& Alec: You want to change the world? You have to leave your living room first.


& Lily Jones: Just let me out anywhere!
    Kiera: Not until you’re both safe.
    Lily Jones: How do I know you’re not the danger? Your badge might be fake. You could be some psycho kidnapping us.

& Lily Jones: Have friends much?
    Kiera: What do you mean by that?
    Lily Jones: You’re all like “do this”, “do that”, “get in the car cuz someone’s trying to kill you.” Kind of Bossy.

& Lily Jones: I’m not going to do this. I’m by myself. I don’t even have family.
    Kiera: You don’t have to. This little girl is the opportunity for you to start a family of your own. And one day she will grow up and have a daughter of her own and you will find yourself surrounded by so much love, you’ll wonder how you ever got so lucky.
    Lily Jones: How do you know I’m going to have a girl?
    Kiera: Oh. Just a hunch.

& Lucas: That’s not her grandmother.
    Kagame: No... That’s my mother.
    Sonya: She’s pregnant?!
    Kagame: Yes, with me.

& Kiera: The bullet that killed Mattie, according to Kagame’s experiment, it should have killed Kellog also. Why it didn’t?
    Alec: That’s precisely the problem. If Kellog had died or disappeared after Mattie was killed, then we would have definitive proof that this timeline is connected to the one you left.
    Kiera: So what does this prove?
    Alec: Unfortunately nothing. Maybe Mattie wasn’t Kellog’s biological grandmother. Maybe you are on a new time line or maybe you aren’t and there is no paradox... I really don’t know... The absence of proof is not proof of anything.

--
On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий