23 июн. 2012 г.

John Carter

& Matai Shang: Being a fool is a great luxury, Sab Than.

& John: Where the hell am I?

& Tars Tarkas: What are you? You aren’t red man nor quite white ape!

& Princess Dejah: What if I could take you there?
    John: What if I didn’t trust you?

& Dejah: Once we reach there, you would see for yourself the virtue of our cause.
    John: Everyone thinks their cause is virtuous... Professor.

& Dejah: I can’t! I cannot marry him!
    John: Can’t marry who?

& Dejah: We have a saying on Barsoom. A warrior may change his metal, but not his heart.


& John: So what is your cause?
    Matai Shang: We have none. We’re not haunted by mortality as you are. We are eternal.

& Matai Shang: We’ve been playing this game since before the birth of this planet. And we’ll continue to do so, long after the death of yours. We don’t cause the destruction of a world, Captain Carter. We simply manage it, feed off it, if you like. But on every host planet, it always plays out exactly the same way. Populations rise, societies divide, wars spread. And all the while the neglected planet slowly fades.

& John: Immortal ain’t bulletproof. I shot one of you back on Earth.

& John: “Leave a Thark his head and one hand, and he may yet conquer.” Right?
    Tars Tarkas: Your spirit annoys me.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий