5 июн. 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x12

Commissions and Fees

& Don: If you needed it so badly, why didn’t you ask?!
    Pryce: Why suffer the humiliation for a 13-day loan?

& Pryce: Please... reconsider. I’m sorry.
    Don: I can’t trust you. I’ll cover the money that you owe.
    Pryce: That 7,500 is nothing to you! Do you know how the rest of us live? And in the end, who’s been harmed, really, hmm?

& Pryce: I’ll lose my visa. I can’t go back to England, not like this. What would I tell my wife?! What would I tell my son?
    Don: You’ll tell them that it didn’t work out because it didn’t. And you’ll tell them the next thing will be better, because it always is.

& Pryce: I feel a bit light-headed.
    Don: That’s relief. I’ve started over a lot, Lane. This is the worst part.

& Joan: Can you imagine me locked in a hotel room with a baby and my mother?
    Pryce: I suppose you’d rather I imagined you bouncing in the sand in some obscene bikini.
    Joan: I think you should take your party elsewhere!


& Roger: What would it take for you to do nothing? Some kind of partnership, assuming it works out?
    Ken: No. I don’t want to be your partner. Not seeing what’s involved. All I need is a promise that if you get it, you’ll force me on it.
    Roger: Okay. You really fought us.
    Ken: And two other things... Pete doesn’t go to the meeting and Pete doesn’t go to any meetings.
    Roger: As you were.

& Megan: You sure you don’t wanna come?
    Sally: He wants to work. Look at him. He’s got a big meeting tomorrow. He’ll be miserable.

& Sally: Mm, what do you wanna do?
    Glen: Are you kidding? The museum’s right across the park.

& Baxter: It doesn’t change the fact that we’re happy with our agency.
    Don: Are you? You’re happy with 50%? You’re on top and you don’t have enough. You’re happy because you’re successful for now. But what is happiness? It’s a moment before you need more happiness. I won’t settle for 50% of anything. I want 100%. You’re happy with your agency? You’re not happy with anything. You don’t want most of it. You want all of it. And I won’t stop until you get all of it. Thank you for your time.
    Baxter: Thank you for stopping by.
    Roger: ... I’ll buy you a drink if you wipe the blood off your mouth.

& Roger: Come on, I’m taking you home.
    Joan: No, I wanna wait.
    Roger: For what?
    Joan: We’re waiting for the coroner to cut him down and take him away.
    Don: What, he’s still in there?! You can’t leave him like that!

& Glen: Why does everything turn out crappy?
    Don: What do you mean?
    Glen: I don’t know. Everything you wanna do, everything you think’s gonna make you happy just turns to crap.
    Don: You’re too young to talk that way.
    Glen: But it’s true.
    Don: ... What do you wanna do? If you could do anything... What would you do?

--
On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий