12 июн. 2012 г.

Chronicle

& Matt: Have you ever read any Arthur Schopenhauer?
    Andrew: No. What is Arthur Schopenhauer?
    Matt: He’s, um... He’s this philosopher that I’m reading at the moment.
    Andrew: For school?
    Matt: No, no. Uh, basically, human beings have to recognize themselves... as beings of pure will, right? So all emotional and physical desires can never be fulfilled.
    Andrew: So basically you’re telling me that I should give up on life?
    Matt: Yes.

& Matt: This is pretty lame, right?
    Casey: Why is it lame?
    Matt: You know, Jung said parties are just... people’s way of seeking widespread validation. I’m not one to clamor to be cool, you know.
    Casey: Wow. Way to put an analytical psychology spin on this barn party, Matt. That’s awesome. Awesome.

& Matt: You don’t feel like it’s a little weird... Like it puts a barrier between you and everything else?
    Andrew: Uh, I don’t know. Maybe I want a barrier.


& Matt: We need rules, okay? Rule number one: No using it on living things. ...

& Andrew: I’ve been doing a lot of reading, you know, like, online about, like... just like evolution and, like... and natural selection... and how, like, there’s this thing, right? It is called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings... we are... we’re considered the apex predator... but only because, like, smaller animals can’t feed on us... because of weapons and stuff, right? The lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle. Right? You do not feel guilty when you squash a fly. And I think that means something. I just think that really means something.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий