12 янв. 2011 г.

The Trotsky (1/2)

& David Bronstein, The Trotsky's Dad: You're cheerleading? For what? For your brother being psychotic?


& Leon: Fascist.
    Achmed: What did you say?
    Leon: Uh, fascist. He's a fascist. What is he?
    Achmed: Fascist.
    Leon: Thank you.


& David Bronstein: Uh, Leon... I wonder if I could trouble you. I'm sorry to interrupt. Do you mind just giving me just a couple of minutes of your time up in the office to discuss something?


& Leon: You exploit your employees.
    David: How? By employing them?
    Leon: By running a business without any standardized labour laws in place. You, David, are acting as an agent of sabotage against all working people across the globe.
    David: Sabotage? You wanna talk sabotage? What do you call talking my guys into missing a shipping deadline!
    Leon: Progress.
    David: You know what? I am not responsible for workers in the world everywhere. I am responsible for keeping this company in profit!
    Leon: So this is how it happens...
    David: How what happens?
    Leon: How it ends between you and me, landowner!
    David: What?! Land... Landowner? I lease the land! I don't know what you're talking about!


& Anne Bronstein, Leon's stepmother: I want you to take this.
    Leon: I... I told you!
    Anne: It's not Daddy's! It's mine. You're my only stepson that I love. And it's gonna kill me if I think that you're sleeping in a shelter with homeless people peeing on you.
    Leon: Homeless people peeing on me?!?!
    Anne: Yeah.
    Leon: Jesus. Yeah, OK, Ma.


& Leon: You see, ever since I first heard about him, when I was a little boy, and then as I got older, I swear to you more and more things started making sense. And now, this... This whole... This is... What I'm about to say to you, I've never said aloud, aside from when I'm pretending that Gourevitch is interviewing me for The Paris Review. Uh... So, uh... I'm the reincarnation of Leon Trotsky. Uh, and you and I are gonna get married.


& David: Listen, you want to be just like him? I'm gonna make it really easy for you. This coming fall, you, Leon, just like this Leon, will be going to public school. {...}
    Leon: I'm, uh... It's a good idea. It's... it's gonna be good for me. I... I love public stuff. This is public school. With all the public people.


& Tony: It's not a union. That's just the name.
    Leon: All right, well, uh, what sort of legislative powers do you guys have as a council?
    Nadza: Uh, none.
    Tony: Uh, the power to organize a dance. You want to help?


& Leon 2 Alexandra: How heartbroken will Julian be when you break up with him for me?


& Leon: Are you my Stalin, Dwight?


& Leon: What... what time does your Ph. D. party finish?
    Alexandra: Late. What is wrong with you?
    Leon: I'm Trotsky. Uh, how late is late?
    Alexandra: Um, we're not seeing each other tomorrow night, so...
    Leon: But tomorrow is our anniversary.
    Alexandra: Mmm, we don't have an anniversary.
    Leon: Yes, we do. It's a week tomorrow that we first met.


& Laura: Remember that kid I was tutoring?..
    Alexandra: You didn't! Timmy?!
    Laura: I did.
    Alexandra: How am I only hearing about this now, whore? What was it like?
    Laura: Uh, well, let's put it this way. They fuck you very quickly but a lot.

The Stills - Don't Talk Down


& Dwight: Leon? A girl dressed as Ayn Rand just told me that you threw her out.
    Leon: Yeah.
    Dwight: And? Why?
    Leon: This is a fascist-free zone, Dwight.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий