22 янв. 2011 г.

Mad Men 3x5

The Fog

Season 3, Episode 5


& Dennis: Have you done this before?
    Don: Twice. You know, I never thought to bring a bottle.
    Dennis: Well, what are we supposed to do here?


& Don: ... I don't think that's unusual.
    Dennis: That's my girl in there! If something happens to her... I just don't know what I'd do. And then there'd be that baby. How could I love that baby?
    Don: Our worst fears lie in anticipation*.


& Sally: I thought it was gonna be a girl.
    Don: Well, I thought you were gonna be a boy. Not all surprises are bad.


& Pete: Shift a portion of the media budget from lower-indexing white areas to this market where it can do more good.
    Crane: They already like it, we can make them buy more by increasing the exposure.
    Pete: A 5% sales bump in Detroit alone would make you the same profit as a 2% increase systemwide. And ads on television geared to this market and white markets will have double the effect.
    'Admiral'-1: A negro ad and a white ad? So, Campbell, you're making twice the ads for us now.
    Pete: No, do them together. Integrate it.
    'Admiral'-2: I don't think that's legal.
    Pete: Of course it's legal...


& Peggy: I just... Well, you know... I'm paid very little. My secretary doesn't respect me because I make $71 more a week than she does.
    Don: Maybe we need to get you a cheaper secretary.
    Peggy: Paul Kinsey does the same work that I do, and not as well sometimes. And I don't know if you read it in the paper, but they passed a law where women who do the same work as men will get paid the same thing. Equal pay.
    Don: It's not a good time.
    Peggy: It's not a good time for me, Don. Do you know how expensive the city is?
    Don: It's not gonna happen, Peggy, not now. I'm fighting for paperclips around here. {...} You're gonna be fine, Peggy.
    Peggy: I look at you and I think "I want what he has. " You have everything, and so much of it.
    Don: I suppose that's probably true. What do you want me to say?
    Peggy: I don't think I could have been any clearer. What if this is my time?



-- Dict:
anticipation — ожидание; предвкушение


On Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий