13 янв. 2011 г.

The Trotsky (2/2)

Beginning

& Madame Denise Archambault: Monsieur Bronstein. I can only assume you're planning a strike of some kind. But I must warn you, this is not your daddy's factory, this is the government. Do you know what happens to government workers who strike illegally?.. They go to jail.
    Leon: What you seem to forget, Madame, is that we are not government employees, we are not your employees. We are students. Just like those students in that square in China. And my name is Mr. Trotsky. Leon Trotsky. Adieu.


& Leon: Come on, Toronto. Don't let me down. Hello? Is this Mr. Ulianov? ... Is this Mr. Vladimir Ulianov? It's ei... It's either your name or it isn't, sir. ... It's a simple question. ... Fantastic! ... How... how old are you, sir? ... I understand why you think it's none of my business, but humour me? ... You're 73. That's, uh... Your children should come to visit you more often. ... OK, OK... Yeah? ... Hello, ma'am. Uh, I'm looking for Vladimir Ulianov. ... That's you. ... Hello? Is your name Vladimir Ulianov? ... No? Thank you! Thanks for nothing.


& Jeanne: You seem fairly calm, Henry.
    Principal Berkhoff: I am.
    Jeanne: How?!
    Berkhoff: What do you think is going to happen when they get outside?
    Jeanne: What do you mean?
    Berkhoff: Well, what do you think about kids these days, Jeanne? Are they bored or apathetic?
    Jeanne: Well, I don't know.
    Berkhoff: Well, I think I do. And I don't think it's what Leon expects.


& Frank McGovern: Every time I would try to pull a demonstration together, it was, uh, just a disaster. {...} The point is, everybody came just to be part of the scene, you know, just to... just to be in the club. And then, one day I realized, it's never real until it stops being fun. All of these people, everyone one of them has to be as serious as you are about it. Not that it's realistic that anybody would ever be as serious as you are about anything.


& Leon: Well, good. Faith without deeds is dead. The time has come for a coup*. Everyone follow?
    Tony: Fuckin' A!
    Skip: Remind me what a coup is again.

K'naan - ABC's



& Berkhoff: Mr. Bronstein, I know it's you in that pig mask.


& Sarah: Have fun. And let me know what you plot.
    Leon: I will. And, uh, give my regards to Skip.
    Anne: Who's Skip? That guy I saw you with?
    Sarah: Thanks, Leon.
    Anne: Is he Jewish?
    Sarah: Ma!


& Alexandra: Well, you know...
    Leon: I know. We're gonna honeymoon soon.
    Alexandra: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Nunavut.
    Leon: Hey, you're lucky. You only have to get banished someplace arctic once. I have to do it all over again with my second wife.


& David: I, uh...
    Leon: Yeah. Chairman Mao's Little Red Book...
    David: Yeah, it's in Chinese. So hopefully, you won't understand it.


& V.I.: Nadia... Nadia, can you come back please?.. Nadia?!.. Fuck me. Fuck! ... What? What's up?
    Leon: Mr. Ulianov? Mr. Vladimir Ulianov?
    Lenin: Only to my grandmother, pal. Fuck! Is this about that library book? 'Cause I brought it back, man. I swear to God. Maybe they can't find it there, but I returned it. I don't give a shit about the history of the printing press, I swear to God.
    Leon: I... I don't either. I don't know anyone who does.
    Lenin: No, listen, listen...
    Leon: Uh, no, Vladimir... My name is Leon Bronstein. We have to talk.
    Lenin: What, now? Oh no, dude. No, no, no. Oh, my girlfriend just dumped me. I'm drunk. This is not a good time for me.
    Leon: Listen, none of that matters anymore. Please, allow me to buy you a cup of coffee. Please. May I put my arm on you? You and I are going to change the world.
    Lenin: Cool, uh... And stop touching me.






-- Dict:
coup — переворот


+ on Imdb.

The Trotsky

_ Прикольно. Троцкий в молодости — прекрасен.
? Троцкий: как говорится, второй раз в виде фарса?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий