16 янв. 2011 г.

Glee 1x7

Throwdown*

Season 1, Episode 7


& Sue: The minority students don't feel like they're being heard. I am going to create an environment that is so toxic... no one will want to be a part of that club. Like the time I sold my house to a nice, young couple... and I salted the earth in the backyard... so that nothing living could grow there for a hundred years. You know why I did that? Because they tried to get me to pay their closing costs.


& Principal Figgins: Now, let's hug it out.
    Sue: I'd rather not do that.
    Will: I really don't see that happening.
    Figgins: This meeting doesn't end until I see your bodies touching. It's a technique I learned last week at my leadership seminar.


& Will: Hey. You doing all right?
    Finn: Um, no. I mean, how am I supposed to take care of a real person? My mom won't even let me have fish.


& Jacob Ben Israel: The independent polling company in my Dockers... has determined you're the hottest girl in this school.
    Rachel: Ew.
    Jacob: Have you been reading my blog?
    Rachel: Of course not. You're a gossip monger*... And your blog is nothing but trash and lies, many of them about me.
    Jacob: You'll be happy to know the one I'm working on right now has nothing to do with you... or your rumored lust* for Jew-fros.



& Tina: Did you catch Sue's Corner last night?
    Sue: Sometimes people ask me, "Sue, how come you're so sensitive to minorities?" I'll tell you why. Because I know firsthand how hard it is to struggle as a minority in America today. I'm 1/16th Comanche Indian. In fact, I like minorities so much... I'm thinkin' of movin' to California to become one.


& Sue: You wanna get real? You're right, Will. I have been trying to destroy your club with a conviction I can only call religious. And you wanna know why? Because I don't trust a man with curly hair. I can't help picturing small birds laying sulfurous eggs in there... and I find it disgusting.


& Sue: So your last name's Puckerman, huh?
    Noah: Shalom.
    Sue: And poor, sweet Brittany. Oh, I know the Dutch are famous for being a cold people... but that's no excuse for treating you like... some half-price hooker in Amsterdam's famous Red Light District. Well, all I can say is, if you're serious about leaving Schuester... Sue Sylvester's rainbow tent and will gladly protect you from his storm of racism.


& Sue: I decided to step down as co-head of Glee.
    Will: Really?
    Sue: Yeah, it's not for me. It's too fruity. I can't stand the sight of kids getting emotional unless it's from physical exhaustion.
    Will: Yeah. It did get pretty bad in there.
    Sue: Yeah. I'd still like to stay on as consigliere. You know, maybe you could show me your set lists before competitions. Just so I feel like I'm contributing.
    Will: Cool.
    Sue: You know, I was a VJ for a couple of years. Not MTV, but still...
    Will: Why do I feel like I'm about to fall through a trapdoor into a pit of fire?
    Sue: Because you don't trust me.
    Will: Mmm.
    Sue: I know my methods are extreme, and I know I'm not like the rest of you hippies... caring about the kids' feelings as if they're real. But I do care about teaching. And when I coach them, and they win, I win. And you know how I feel about winning.
    Will: I do.



--Dict:
Throwdown — to fight
monger — торговец; продавец
lust — похоть


+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий