18 апр. 2020 г.

Threnody(s)

Homeland 8×8


President Hayes: What are the odds?.... You must have thought about that already. What are the odds?
Scott Ryan: Candidly, sir, at best 50/50.
President Hayes: .... Fifty-fifty?!
John Zabel: It's not terrible...
President Hayes: The United States versus a dozen punks, yeah, it is. Bin Laden himself was 80 percent!

John Zabel: Sir, I wonder if we're looking at this all wrong. ... I mean, a return to first principles. The United States does not negotiate with terrorists. Period.

John Zabel: Frankly, sir, who is this Max Piotrowski anyway?

John Zabel: A failed rescue can sink a presidency.
President Hayes: Yeah, Jimmy Carter.
John Zabel: Exactly. And as for upside, I'm sorry but... some guy named Max is not the same as Osama Bin Laden.

Carrie: Well, Max would do anything for me. Absolutely anything. Wherever I'd go, he'd... he'd end up there by my side. And .... I took him for granted. I... used him... all these years and... and now he's dead... I'm so sorry, Max. I'm so sorry...

David Wellington: You are pushing us into a war we don't want and can't win.
John Zabel: You know what your problem is, David? You don't believe America can win any war.

Carrie: I can't stay out here forever.
Yevgeny Gromov: Why not?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий