27 апр. 2020 г.

The English Teacher

Homeland 8×11


Saul: You may not like it, but there are principles involved.
Zabel: What principles?
Saul: Proportionality—
Zabel: They killed our president. They killed our operatives.
Saul: And necessity.
Zabel: Here's the real question— what calamity has to occur before you finally admit it's time to do something?
Saul: Something, yes, not this, not a full-scale invasion of a nuclear power that has said they will not tolerate our crossing their border! How in the fucking world do you think that'll end?!

Saul: The thinking here has reached levels of crazy I couldn't have even imagined a year ago. Which improbable as it seems, leaves you and me on the same side, least I think we are.

Saul: Just give us a target, any target. Plausible coordinates, that's all I'm asking... You hear what I'm saying?

Saul: I'm not exactly sure what she did do or didn't do or what mistakes she made. There's always some. But everything she does, everything... is because she never loses sight of what's important. And honestly, she's the only person I've ever known I can say that of... So we're all here fiddling while Rome burns.

Saul: When you're dealing with Carrie, you have to do what she does. You have to decide for yourself what matters. You have to decide what kind of person you are.


Judge: ... Count five, accessory to murder of Ralph Warner, President of the United States. Count six, accessory to murder, Special Operator Number One, employed by the Central Intelligence Agency. Count seven, accessory to murder, Special Operator Number Two, employed by the Central Intelligence Agency. .... Count nine...

Jenna: I've tried to see it like you, but I just can't. I got into this thinking I would make things better. But I don't actually believe that anymore. All I see is damage.

Mike: Pakistan has convened a security council working group. They're demanding a vote against the US for last night's raid. China and Iran are backing Pakistan. Brits and Poles are backing us.
Saul: What are the Russians doing?
Mike: Usual, thinking of ways to fuck us up.

Andrei Kuznetsov: She was not in the class. She was a teacher in English.

Andrei Kuznetsov: This was our signal to meet. A book moved from the right to the left side of the bookstore window. A Tauchnitz edition in red leather. Very Saul, he liked the old ways, things hidden in plain sight.

Yevgeny: Kill Saul.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий