24 апр. 2020 г.

Days of Thunder (1990)

Harry Hogge: Tim, everybody knows some downtown car dealer can't afford a race team. No driver worth a damn is gonna sign with you. 'Cause they wreck one car, you can't afford to build them another and they're out of the deal, you know. And no car's gonna win without a driver. Not even mine.

Tim Daland: I got somebody.
Harry Hogge: Who?
Tim Daland: Take a look at him.
Harry Hogge: Anybody I gotta take a look at, ain't somebody.
Tim Daland: Then take a look at nobody.

Tim Daland: If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything.

Cole Trickle: Let me drive. I won't make a fool out of you.

Cole Trickle: Harry, I'm not going faster. Everybody else is going slower.

Dr. Claire Lewicki: I figure your vision's restored?.. Nothing's blurred? You're not seeing double? No haloes around objects? Flashing lights?
Cole Trickle: What are you going to do with this?
Dr. Claire Lewicki: Look into your eyes.

Cole Trickle: I also want to thank you for taking care of me.
Dr. Claire Lewicki: It's my job.
Cole Trickle: It's my life.

Big John: You're late.
Cole Trickle: We had car trouble.
Big John: What kind of car trouble?
Rowdy Burns: I believe it was the radiator. Wasn't it, Cole?
Cole Trickle: Yes, Rowdy, I believe it was.

Dr. Claire Lewicki: Boy, you're very quick.
Cole Trickle: You ought to see me drive...


Cole Trickle: How could you ignore me like that?
Dr. Claire Lewicki: I wasn't ignoring you! I wasn't ignoring you. I gave you a very thorough physical.

Cole Trickle: I'm not scared.
Dr. Claire Lewicki: You are scared to death. You and Rowdy, you have the same sickness. It's called denial. And it's probably going to kill you both... You want to control something that's out of control, that's what you said to me, wasn't it? I'm going to let you in on a little secret that almost everybody else in this world automatically knows. Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next. Not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies, and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs. Nobody knows and nobody controls anything.

Harry Hogge: Come on, Buck, I'll race your ass.

Cole Trickle: I guess everybody's the same. You've got to be good at your job before you can enjoy the rest of your life. This is my job. It's all I know.

Cole Trickle: Claire. I'm more afraid of being nothing than I am of being hurt.

Cole Trickle: We won. We won.
Harry Hogge: I know. Yeah.
Cole Trickle: Now, can you walk, or am I going to have to carry you?
Harry Hogge: Where to?
Cole Trickle: Victory Lane.
Harry Hogge: Yeah... Walk? Hell, I'll race your ass.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий