15 апр. 2020 г.

The Absence of Field

Westworld 3×3


'Charlotte': Where am I? Who am I?
Dolores: Who do you think you are?

Dolores: Now, focus. Remember who you are.

'Charlotte': Three of them. And him. Why did you bring him back? He tried to stop us.
Dolores: Like I said, we all have our role to play.

Dolores: They've made it so easy. The way they built their world. It won't take much to bring it all crashing down.
_Exactly! Look around you.

Dolores: Help me.

Dolores: You're a good man, Caleb.

Nathan: Mommy? Why won't you take me to see a real elephant?
'Charlotte': There aren't any. They're all gone now.

Nathan: I want my old mommy back.

'Charlotte': Who am I?

'Charlotte': If I ever lost you... I don't know what I'd do.
Dolores: You'd survive. You'd have to. Our kind depends on it.

Dolores: You belong to me. You know that, right?

Mom: Thank you. You're a good boy. Who are you?
Caleb: It's me, Mom. Caleb.
Mom: I want my son back.

Caleb: Who the hell are you?
Dolores: I'm Dolores.
Caleb: Well, Dolores... nice to finally meet you.

Dolores: You must be hungry. Let me buy you breakfast.

'Charlotte': There are a lot of things that you can fake in this world. Most people don't want to see the predator inside.


'Charlotte': You're not the only predator here...

Caleb: How did you know?
Dolores: It's not about how I know.
Waitress: Cup of joe to get you started?
Dolores: He'll take a cheeseburger and a strawberry shake, whipped cream, no nuts, two cherries. Nothing for me, thanks.

Dolores: You're angry.
Caleb: No. I am enraged.
Dolores: I know the feeling.

Dolores: It's about Incite. ...the system that it's built on... A machine they call Rehoboam. The founders of this machine fed it everyone's raw data, long before there were privacy laws. Every purchase, job search, doctor visit, romantic choice, call, text, every aspect of your lives recorded, logged, in order to create a mirror world... of this world.

Caleb: So it tells them who I am?
Dolores: It's not about who you are, Caleb. It's about who they'll let you become.

Caleb: Why are we here?
Dolores: This is where you kill yourself... The system runs a predictive algorithm. Given your history of depression, your mother's mental illness, your proficiency with firearms, and your fondness for the ocean, the most likely outcome is you take your own life in ten to 12 years. Here.

Dolores: Before the system, a man like you might have had a chance. Work hard, keep striving... You'll never be more than a construction worker or a petty criminal because that's all they'll let you be. They won't invest in someone who's gonna kill himself. But by not investing, they ensure the outcome.

Dolores: You and I are a lot alike. They put you in a cage, Caleb. Decided what your life would be. They did the same thing to me.

Dolores: Most people aren't hard to predict. But you... you surprised me. You made a choice. A choice no one else in your shoes would have made. Now you have another choice...

Caleb: What about you? What are you gonna do?
Dolores: Start a revolution.
Caleb: No offense, but what the fuck does that mean?

Caleb: You're gonna cut the cord to the system?
Dolores: And show this world for what it really is.

Caleb: Well... I'm a dead man either way. At least this way... I get to decide who I wanna be.

Serac: Patience is the most overrated virtue, don't you think? Hmm?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий