20 дек. 2016 г.

Yours, Mine and Ours

& Frank Beardsley: In a few short hours, I was going into combat... against my own children. Anyone who has a child knows what I’m talking about. That’s the real war: Our generation against theirs...

& Frank: It was the sort of welcome that could make any father... review his position on the entire question of birth control.

& Frank: Have you ever been 5 years old and forced to appear in public... in a dress that had three former owners, restyled by an old sail maker? Five years old and no future at all...

& Frank: I don’t quite understand. Am I being stupid?

& Helen North: By the way, I have eight children... Speaking of eight children, that’s what I have... Have I mentioned that I have eight children?.. I have eight children!
    Man of the Cloth: Well, don’t look at me. I just got here.

& Helen: Frank, eight and 10 is...
    Frank: Ridiculous.

& Frank: There’s no more «mine» and there’s no more «yours.» From now on, everyone and everything is ours.


& Frank: Hey, you look beautiful.
    Helen: You mean for a mother of 18?
    Frank: I mean for a bride.

& Helen: Frank, you know what I’d like for Christmas?
    Frank: What?
    Helen: Don’t buy me anything.
    Frank: The most expensive gift in the world is when a wife says: «Don’t buy me anything.»

& Frank: I’ve got a message for Larry. You tell him this is what it’s all about. This is the real happening... If you wanna know what love really is, take a look around you. ... It’s giving life that counts. Till you’re ready for it, the rest is just a big fraud.
    All the crazy haircuts in the world won’t keep it turning. Life isn’t a love-in, it’s the dishes and the orthodontist... and the shoe repairman... and ground round instead of roast beef.
    I’ll tell you something else. Going to a bed with a man doesn’t prove your love. It’s getting up in the morning and facing the drab, miserable... wonderful everyday world with him that counts.

& Judge: My wife has two children, one poodle and a full-time maid... and can’t seem to manage anything. What is your secret?
    Helen: Well, sir, a great deal of love... a little discipline... and a husband who doesn’t criticize.

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий