29 дек. 2016 г.

The Stray

Westworld 1×3


& Bernard Lowe: I brought you a gift...

& Dolores: «Dear, dear, how queer everything is today. And yesterday, things went on just as usual. I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night.»
    Bernard Lowe: Does that passage make you think of anything?

& Dolores: It’s about change. Seems to be a common theme.
    Bernard Lowe: I guess people like to read about the things that they want the most and experience the least.

& Bernard Lowe: Analysis. Why did you ask me about my son?
    Dolores: We’ve been talking for some duration and I haven’t asked you a personal question. Personal questions are an ingratiating scheme.

& Dolores: «Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I’m not the same, the next question is... who in the world am I?»

& Walter: ’I need more milk, Arnold.’
    Elsie Hughes: Who’s Arnold?

& Elsie Hughes: You know, if you wanted to play cowboy, you could’ve just used your employee discount...
    Ashley Stubbs: The only thing stopping the hosts from hacking us to pieces is one line of your code.

& Dolores: You said someday. Not today or tomorrow or next week. Just someday. «Someday» sounds a lot like the thing people say when they actually mean «never.»

& Dr. Ford: «The coward dies a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once.» Of course, Shakespeare never met a man quite like you, Teddy. You’ve died at least a thousand times. And yet, it doesn’t dull your courage.

& Dr. Ford: Would you like that, Teddy? A small part of my new narrative? A fiction which, like all great stories, is rooted in truth? It starts in a time of war...

& Teddy: Now squeeze.
    Dolores: .... I can’t.
    Teddy: Some hands weren’t meant to pull a trigger.


& Guest: I didn’t sign up for this crazy shit! I told you we should’ve done the riverboat thing, man!

& Ashley Stubbs: Keep staring. Maybe it’ll tell you your horoscope.
    Elsie Hughes: Come again?
    Ashley Stubbs: The markings on its shell. Look like stars. Orion, right?
    Elsie Hughes: What, are you Gali-fucking-leo?
    Ashley Stubbs: Maybe it’s in my backstory...

& Dr. Ford: For three years, we lived here in the park, refining the hosts before a single guest set foot inside. Myself, a team of engineers, and my partner...

& Dr. Ford: When the legend becomes fact, you print the legend.

& Dr. Ford: Our hosts began to pass the Turing test after the first year. But that wasn’t enough for Arnold. He wasn’t interested in the appearance of intellect or wit. He wanted the real thing. He wanted to create consciousness.

& Dr. Ford: He imagined it as a pyramid. See? Memory, improvisation, self-interest...
    Bernard Lowe: And at the top?
    Dr. Ford: Never got there. But he had a notion of what it might be.

& Dr. Ford: He based it on a theory of consciousness called the Bicameral Mind. The idea that primitive man believed his thoughts to be the voice of the gods.
    Bernard Lowe: I thought it was debunked.
    Dr. Ford: As a theory for understanding the human mind, perhaps, but not as a blueprint for building an artificial one.

& Dr. Ford: But Arnold hadn't considered two things. One, that in this place, the last thing you want the hosts to be is conscious, and two, the other group who considered their thoughts to be the voices of the gods...
    Bernard Lowe: Lunatics.
    Dr. Ford: Indeed.

& Dr. Ford: Oh, Bernard? Just don't forget... the hosts are not real. They're not conscious. You mustn't make Arnold's mistake.

Oh, these talks. I don't know if they help or hurt. Do you ever wish you could forget?
    Bernard Lowe: This pain... it's all I have left of him.

& Bernard Lowe: Imagine there are two versions of yourself... one that feels these things and asks these questions, and one that's safe. Which would you rather be?

& Dolores: There aren't two versions of me. There's only one. And I think when I discover who I am, I'll be free.
    Bernard Lowe: Analysis. What prompted that response?

& Dolores: Have I done something wrong? Made a mistake?
    Bernard Lowe: Evolution... forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet using only one tool... the mistake. It appears you're in good company.

& Dolores: Do you still want to change me back?
    Bernard Lowe: No, Dolores. Let's see where this path leads. And you won't tell anyone about our conversations?
    Dolores: No.
    Bernard Lowe: And you'll stay on your loop?
    Dolores: ... Yes.

& Deputy: But, miss, in truth, if there is a merciful god, those men are dead already.

& Man in Black: Why don't we reacquaint ourselves, Dolores Start at the beginning.

& Ashley Stubbs: You might want to look at the stars for this part...

& Logan: I can't believe I let you talk me into this shit. $40K a day to jerk off alone in the woods, playing white hat.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий