25 дек. 2016 г.

The Original

Westworld 1×1


& Bernard Lowe: Bring her back online.

& Bernard Lowe: First... have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?
    Dolores: No.

& Bernard Lowe: Tell us what you think of your world.
    Dolores: Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty.

& Teddy: No offense, but... I’d rather earn a woman’s affection than pay for it.
    Maeve: Oh, you’re always paying for it, darling. The difference is our costs are fixed and posted right there on the door.

& Bernard Lowe: Do you ever feel inconsistences in your world? Or repetitions?
    Dolores: All lives have routine. Mine’s no different. Still, I never cease to wonder at the thought that any day the course of my whole life could change with just one chance encounter.

& Man in Black: Is that any way to treat an old friend? I’ve been coming here for 30 years, but you still don’t remember me, do you? After all we’ve been through...

& Man in Black: ...winning doesn’t mean anything unless someone else loses. Which means you’re here to be the loser.

& Man in Black: I didn’t pay all this money ’cause I want it easy. I want you to fight.

& Man in Black: God damn, feels good to be back. Let’s celebrate.

& Dolores: We all love the newcomers. Every new person I meet reminds me how lucky I am to be alive... and how beautiful this world can be.

& Clementine: You’re new. Not much of a rind on you. I’ll give you a discount.


& Lee Sizemore: We sell complete immersion in 100 interconnected narratives. A relentless fucking experience! Now, you pull one character, the overall story adjusts. You pull 200 at once, and it’s a fucking disaster!

& Lee: ...Not to mention the Dr. Ford factor. The guy’s gonna chase his demons right over the deep end. I mean, no one respects him more than me, but at some point—
    Theresa Cullen: I. No one respects him more than I. Your pronoun is the subject of the second clause.

& Theresa: You’re right. This place is one thing to the guests, another thing to the shareholders, and something completely different to management...

& Theresa: You’re smart enough to guess there’s a bigger picture, but not smart enough to see what it is. You know how much use that makes your support to me?.. Fuck all.

& Dr. Ford: «Mistakes» is the word you’re too embarrassed to use. You ought not to be. You’re a product of a trillion of them. Evolution forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet using only one tool... The mistake.

& Bernard Lowe: I suppose self-delusion is a gift of natural selection as well...
    Dr. Ford: Indeed it is. But, of course, we’ve managed to slip evolution’s leash now, haven’t we? We can cure any disease, keep even the weakest of us alive, and, you know, one fine day perhaps we shall even resurrect the dead. Call forth Lazarus from his cave...
    Do you know what that means?.. It means that we’re done. That this is as good as we’re going to get.
    It also means that you must indulge me the occasional mistake.

& Peter Abernathy: I had a question. A question you’re not supposed to ask. Which gave me an answer... you’re not supposed to know.

& Peter Abernathy: Would you like to know... the question?

& Peter Abernathy: Don’t you see? Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

& Maeve: You’re a low-down son of a bitch.
    Hector: I know. I know we both believe the same thing. No matter how dirty the business... do it well.

& Hector: Problem with the righteous... They can’t shoot for shit.
    Armistice: Making a hell of a racket, though.

& Elsie King: Soon this will all feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber.

& Stubbs: Bring her back online... Cognition only. No emotional affect.

& Dr. Ford: Tell me, what happened to your program?
    Peter Abernathy: «When we are born, we cry we are come to this great stage of f-f-fools.»

& Peter Abernathy: I-I have to warn her.
    Dr. Ford: Warn who?
    Peter Abernathy: Dolores. The things they do to her. The things you do to her.

& Dr. Ford: What is your name?
    Peter Abernathy: Rose is a rose... is a rose.
    Dr. Ford: What is your itinerary?
    Peter Abernathy: To meet my maker...
    Dr. Ford: Uh-huh. Well, you’re in luck. And what do you want to say to your maker?
    Peter Abernathy: By most mechanical and dirty hand... I shall have such revenges on you... both. The things I will do. What they are, yet I know not, but they will be the terrors of the earth. You don’t know where you are, do you? You’re in a prison of your own sins.

& Dolores: He said, «These violent delights have violent ends.»

& Stubbs: ...good old Dolores. You know why she’s special? She’s been repaired so many times, she’s practically brand-new. Don’t let that fool you. She’s the oldest host in the park.

& Stubbs: Come on, sweetheart. Tell us what you think of your world.
    Dolores: This world? ....

& Dolores: I choose to see the beauty. To believe there is an order to our days... a purpose. I know things will work out the way they’re meant to.

--
++ quotes on the IMDb

+ soundtracks!

+ Literary Reveries!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий