4 дек. 2016 г.

By the Sea

& Roland: Have a nice day.
    Vanessa: I won’t.
    Roland: I know. Love you.
    Vanessa: I know.

& Michel: Through her I discovered a beautiful thing... If you really love someone, you want more for them than you want for yourself. Do you understand?
    Roland: Mmm-mm.
    Michel: I wanted her to stay. To resist. But it was for myself. But more than that, I wanted her to go, for her. So I was relieved when she passed away. She’s found her peace.
    Roland: And you?
    Michel: I’m in pain every day. I miss her... That is life.

& Michel: She seems like a lovely lady.
    Roland: You are very kind. She’s not always lovely. In fact, she can seem downright rude... But she actually is lovely... She’s very lovely.


& Vanessa: ...Then I read a book. It was terrible. I don’t know why you worry so much. People publish pure garbage all the time, and nobody seems to mind.

& Michel: Usually I would never ask why someone would want gin for breakfast... but today I will make an exception.
    Roland: I just want to get drunk for breakfast.

& Vanessa: Do you see that fisherman? He goes out every day, comes back every night. Hardly catches any fish. What keeps him from going insane? From being so tired of it all? What is it we don’t know?

& Roland: Are you a believer?
    Michel: I am. This is the only way I’ll be with my wife again.

& Vanessa: I’m not a bad person. Am I a bad person?
    Roland: Sometimes.

& Roland: I figured out your fisherman. He goes with the tide. You let it pull you out to sea or guide you back in. Sometimes you have to move with it. Sometimes, honey, that’s all we can do.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий