6 сент. 2014 г.

Utopia 2×6

Season Finale

& Mum at airport: It’s just, you know... the environment.
    Terrence: Yes, we should all think of that.
    Mum: I don’t want to sound like a twat, but I just... You know, I do think that we’ve all got a responsibility. I just do.
    Terrence: No, you’re right, we do. We all do. Why did you have him, then?
    Mum: Sorry?
    Terrence: Nothing uses carbon like a first-world human. Yet you created one.
    Mum: Er...
    Terrence: Why? Why would you do that? He will produce 515 tonnes of carbon in his lifetime. That’s 40 trucks’ worth. Having him was the equivalent of nearly 6,500 flights to Paris. You could have flown 90 times a year, there and back, nearly every week of your life, and still not had the same impact on the planet as his birth had.
    Mum: Yeah, but I don’t think...
    Terrence: Not to mention the pesticides, detergents, the huge quantity of plastics, the nuclear fuels used to keep him warm. His birth was a selfish act. It was brutal. You have condemned others to suffering.

& Terrence: In fact, if you really cared... what you’d do is cut his throat open right now.
    Mum: Excuse me?
    Terrence: Or I could do it for you. I could take out my knife, make an incision in his neck, walk away. I’d get my coach over there and you would have done more than your bit for the future of humanity. I could do it now...

& Terrence: I hope he gets over that flu. But maybe he just shouldn’t.


& Wilson: Jessica? How’s she?
    Becky: Not good. She hasn’t said a word. She meets her dad for the first time, and he tries to kill her brother. God. Families, eh?

& Becky: Oh, and don’t start calling them «the three», OK? It’s not Lord of the fucking Rings and you’re not a hobbit or a fucking space goblin, right?

& Ian: Nothing.
    Wilson: Piss on his bed.
    Ian: What?!
    Wilson: It needs to look like a burglary. Piss on his bed.

& Wilson: With the new OS, there are glitches, so if he hasn’t... Yes! In through the camera roll... And that is why you should always update immediately.

& Becky: It’s top secret. I even thought to reconstruct it myself, but, er... molecular chemistry’s a tricky fucker.

& Wilson: How could you do that? How could you shoot at people you love?
    Philip: The world’s full of love. Billions of people loving billions of others. All that love will turn to dust when our resources die. I’ve seen what people are capable of when they feel they’re losing everything. Look around. Do you really think we’re so far from that?

& Jessica: He’s going to release the virus now?
    Leah: It would appear so, dear.
    Jessica: Call me «dear» again, and I’ll cut your face off.

& Wilson: She was wrong, Michael. You don’t need a pandemic for people to take the vaccine. You just need the fear of a pandemic...

& Wilson: I promise you, I’ll be better than her.

& Michael: Wilson, Wilson. Wilson. Don’t... don’t do this. Please. This is not you.
    Wilson: No. I don’t think I am me. Not any more.

& Jessica: Have you ever looked into the eyes of someone you love who’s dying? It’s not something that leaves you.

& Philip: It... it’s a rather complex opiate. It’s mildly addictive, somewhere between heroin and caffeine.

--
On the IMDb

Σ So. Season 3 then. This’s great.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий