5 сент. 2014 г.

Happiness

Wilfred 4×10

Happiness does not depend on
outward things, but on the
way we see them.”

Leo Tolstoy
& Ryan: I-I just want to be alone.
    Catherine: No, you want to be with Wilfred.

& Ryan: I-I thought I’d never see you again.
    Wilfred: Yeah, ’cause you thought all that stuff about me being a god was a crock of shit. Now do you believe?
    Ryan: You really are Mataman?!
    Wilfred: Well, I’m not Jesus Christ, and as far as I know, he was the only other dude who managed to pull off a resurrection.

& Ryan: So, you’re a ghost?
    Wilfred: Not exactly. I’m between host bodies. I need to move on to my next Chosen One. His name is Nazeem, which should be, you know, interesting.

& Ryan: Who is that guy?
    Charles: That’s Richard. He always played the good god, Mataman. A real prick. Nobody liked him. Very preachy, always telling other people how to live their lives.


& Ryan: You don’t seem crazy.
    Charles: Son... I’m all kinds of nuts. The only thing that keeps me from bouncing off padded walls is... I’ve discovered the one, true god. And I take half a dozen pharmaceuticals. These days the craziest thing I do is talk to my dog.
    Ryan: Does he ever talk back?

& Ryan: I’m okay. I mean, I’m not unhappy. I’m just... normal.
    Kristen: That’s not good enough, Ryan. Everybody deserves happiness. What would make you happy?

& Ryan: I miss you, Wilfred. Without you, my life is so ordinary and flat and dull. I need to know that you’re still here. Please, just give me a sign to let me know that... Oh, God! Wilfred.
    Wilfred: That’d be right, blame the dog.
    Ryan: Oh, thank God.

& Ryan: Wilfred, I want you to stay, but... we can’t go back to the way things were.
    Wilfred: You mean, I tell you the right thing to do, you ignore me, so I make your life a living hell until you have no choice but to do the thing I told you to do in the first place?
    Ryan: Basically, yeah.
    Wilfred: Maybe you could pay attention to the wisdom your best mate has to offer.

& Ryan: So, where do you go when you’re not around?
    Wilfred: I just hang out in your head. You know, sometimes I’ll check out your hippocampus, see what I can find.

--
On the IMDb


& Ryan: Happiness is a fallacy.
    Wilfred: If I just agree with you can we just talk about something else? Anything else.
    Ryan: I mean, there are things that make you happy, but it’s not a sustainable feeling. Parades don’t last forever. Fireworks burn out. Colors fade.
    Wilfred: It’s not about parades and fireworks. It’s about that pair of tits there, that’s happiness. A scratch behind the ear. The sun in your face. A decaying seagull carcass. Happiness is in the quieter moments, mate.


Σ T'waz good. Goodbye, Wilfred.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий