4 сент. 2014 г.

Argentina

Dexter 7×8

& Hannah: Is this crazy?
    Dexter: “This”?
    Hannah: You and me, just sitting here, eating breakfast.
    Dexter: I always eat breakfast. It’s important.

& Dexter: I’m not killing Hannah McKay.

& Harry: Is that your plan to keep Debra from going over to the dark side? Give her a massive sugar rush?

& Debra: This is gonna be great. I love kids... I don’t love kids in general, but I love your kids.

& Debra: So how’s school? Is math still kicking your ass?
    Dexter: Butt. Kicking your butt.
    Debra: That’s what I said. Is math still kicking your butt?

& Debra: I don’t even know why I fucking ask you, Dexter. Every time I think I know exactly who you are, you tell me something worse.
    Dexter: Being with Hannah is worse than being a killer?
    Debra: Yes! No. I don’t—


& Debra: I know it’s weird, and it’s gross, and it’s fucked up, but— I mean, it’s one thing to be in love with your brother, but it is a whole ’nother level to be in love with your brother who’s a goddamn fucking serial killer... You’re a serial killer, and I’m more fucked up than you are!

& Dexter: I’m sorry. I don’t know what to say.
    Debra: Oh, God, you never do.

& Sirko: That’s how love is. It’s a powerful weapon. It can work for us or against us, can’t it?
    Dexter: I don’t understand much about love.
    Sirko: Well, that’s because you’re a scientist. Love defies reason.
    Dexter: Nothing defies reason.

& Sirko: I suppose the heart knows something that we just don’t know. Or maybe the heart is just wrong.
    Dexter: Oh, I doubt that.
    Sirko: Love can be inconvenient, perhaps inappropriate. It can be dangerous. Make us do things we wouldn’t dream of doing. But wrong? That just depends on where we end up, doesn’t it?
Ω Some introductory lessons on love here.

& Sirko: We’re outsiders, you and I. On the periphery. Watching everybody else. Pretending we’re just like them, but knowing we’re not. Best we can hope for is to find a place where we don’t have to pretend.

& Dexter: Everyone wants an Argentina. A place where the slate is wiped clean.

& Dexter: The truth is, Argentina... is just Argentina. No matter where we go, we take ourselves and our damage with us. So is home the place we run to, or is it the place we run from... Only to hide out in places where we’re accepted, unconditionally. Places that feel more like home to us... Because we can finally be who we are.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий