11 сент. 2014 г.

The Paring Knife

The Honourable Woman 1×8

& Hugh: ... So they had to take him out before the Israelis could get to him and find out what it was she’d agreed to.
    Julia: The murder of Nessa Stein?
    Hugh: Maybe, but I don’t think so. Come on, this is realpolitik. Whatever it is, it has to make the US look good.

& Hugh: Huh! There was me thinking she’s gunning for my job, when, all along, she just wants yours.
    Julia: Ouch.

& The Secretary of State: ’I am not a businesswoman, I am a politician. And a politician recognises that a state without a cohesive identity is a state that cannot function — a state that will fail — and a failed state is a danger to the world. A balance needs to be brought to bear and not only one that is economic, to which Nessa Stein’s life must surely attest, but one that is also political... to which cause this administration has decided to take a bold and certain stance. Should the Palestinian Authority resubmit its application to the UN for full state recognition, it is the intent of this administration not to exercise its veto. We, the American people, will not stand in the way of Palestine’s quest for statehood. Thank you.’
Ω Brrrr.

& Julia: Today’s a different world.
    Monica: A better one.

& Monica: It’s all over... So say goodbye to the view, Hugh.

& Muraji: We think this is an Israeli ploy to discredit the brave stand America has taken against them. Nessa Stein is dead. A martyr to our cause.

& Daniel: ...and remember, the airspace above the Palestinian territories, it is Israeli.
    Julia: Hm. When you hear that, it makes you think, doesn’t it?

& Julia: There is no way that I’m suggesting UK boots on Palestinian soil.


& Hugh: I understand.
    Atika: What do you understand?
    Hugh: You believe in a cause. Actually, I rather admire it. One you can give your whole life to... kill for... and die.

& Hugh: Anything for the cause. And what is that? Palestinian statehood? And here we are, this close to your goal. Nothing must stop it from happening. Nothing.

& Atika: Cables? We need a nation.

& Atika: Have you seen the hills? What they’re building? Every day and every day? What you try don’t change anything for my people. We need so much more...
    Nessa: What else can I do?

& Nessa: Do you need me to die?
    Atika: Me? Oh, no. No. But if it’s the price... for a nation... I’m sorry to tell you, yes.

& Zahid al Zahid: My son raped you. On my orders. Mine. One of my soldiers, also... he killed your father. On my orders. What I have ordered goes beyond all imagining. So I must ask you... if there was a knife on the table between us here... what would you do?

& Zahid al Zahid: The hatred you feel for me right now... only matches what I have felt for your people... all my life.

& Zahid al Zahid: I know you won’t take it... because you think you are better than me. More cultured, more sophisticated. More human. And I hate you all the more... because you have never stopped to think why that is.

& Nessa: I know the answer. And I’ve known it since I first asked... and after every dreadful thing that’s happened since... and the answer’s always the same. I deserve it. All of it. No matter what I do.

& Atika: Get off my land.

& Berkoff: How come it all came down to you?
    Julia: Well, I don’t know, Harlan. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that, in a room full of pussies... I’m the only one with a vagina.

& Hugh: See, I’d die for you.

& Hugh: If I end up in a wheelchair, will you come and push me?
    Angie: I’ll think about it.
    Hugh: Then I’ll be breaking them both this evening.

& Angie: Ah, well. Democracy... Good luck with that!

--
On the IMDb

Σ Huh! It’s a women’s world.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий