4 июн. 2014 г.

The Strategy

Mad Men 7×6

& Jim: How’s your Burger Chef work going?
    Roger: Better than yours, I guess. Thank you, by the way, for failing and giving us a shot at it.
    Jim: It’s not McDonald’s. It’s run by morons.
    Roger: A lot of companies succeed that way.

& Pete: Don will give authority, you will give emotion.
    Peggy: I have authority. And Don has emotion.
    Pete: I prefer you as an expert witness.

& Cutler: Ah, good, you’re still here.
    Roger: That’s your opinion.

& Stan: Hey, baby, I’m almost ready.
    Peggy: “Hi, baby” yourself.

& Don: Peggy, I’m here to help you do whatever you want to do.
    Peggy: Well, how am I supposed to know?
    Don: That’s a tough one.
    Peggy: You love this.
    Don: Not really. I want you to feel good about what you’re doing, but you’ll never know. That’s just the job.
    Peggy: What’s the job?
    Don: Living in the “not knowing.”

& Peggy: You really want to help me? Show me how you think. Do it out loud.
    Don: You can’t tell people what they want. It has to be what you want...

& Don: Do you want to work?
    Peggy: It doesn’t matter if I want to. I have to, because all of this is crap.
    Don: Pros and cons. Pros— it’s almost done and it’s good. The account man’s overjoyed and the client’s on board.
    Peggy: Those are the cons, and you know it.


& Don: Well... whenever I’m really unsure about an idea, first... I abuse the people whose help I need. And then I take a nap.
    Peggy: Done.
    Don: Then I start at the beginning again... and see if I end up in the same place.

& Bob: I’m thinking about you, Joan. Is this what you want? To be near 40 in a two-bedroom apartment with a mother and a little boy? I know I am flawed, but I am offering you more than anyone else ever will.
    Joan: No, you’re not, Bob. Because I want love. And I’d rather die hoping that happens than make some arrangement. And you should too.
    Bob: I’m just being realistic.
    Joan: Good night.

& Peggy: Does this family exist anymore? Are there people who eat dinner and smile at each other instead of watching TV? Did you ever do that with your family?
    Don: ... I don’t remember.

& Peggy: What the hell do I know about being a mom? I just turned 30, Don.
    Don: Shit. When?
    Peggy: A couple of weeks ago. It doesn’t matter. I kept it as secret as I could. Now I’m one of those women lying about her age. I hate them!

& Don: I worry about a lot of things, but I don’t worry about you.
    Peggy: What do you have to worry about?
    Don: ... That I never did anything, and that I don’t have anyone.

& Don: Do you hear this?
    Peggy: I know, they’re playing it all the time.
    Don: Do you think that’s a coincidence?

& Peggy: I want to shoot the ad in here.
    Pete: It’s not a home.
    Peggy: It’s better. It’s a clean, well-lighted place.
    Pete: Okay, Hemingway. As long as it’s still about moms.
    Peggy: It’s about family. Every table here is the family table.
    Pete: I hate even the word “family.” It’s vague.

& Pete: “Mom” is more specific. Tell her, Don.
    Don: She’s doing it the way she wants to do it. You want it right or not?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Next Ep's name is 'Waterloo.' Such a name.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий