6 июн. 2014 г.

The Monuments Men

& Donald Jeffries: Lieutenant, you’ll cross the Channel to Deauville. A contact named Emile will get you into Paris.
    James Granger: Well, it’s a good thing I’m fluent in French.

& Preston Savitz: Do we get to kill anybody? I don’t know about you guys, but I’d like to kill somebody.

& Frank Stokes: They’d tell us that with this many people dying, who cares about art?.. They’re wrong, because that’s exactly what we’re fighting for... for our culture and for our way of life. You can wipe out an entire generation, you can burn their homes to the ground and somehow they’ll still find their way back. But if you destroy their history, you destroy their achievements and it’s as if they never existed. That’s what Hitler wants and that’s exactly what we are fighting for.

& Claire Simone: I know who you are.
    James Granger: Then you know I’d like to help.
    Claire Simone: I know nothing. And will you stop speaking in French? Or whatever language you are speaking.


& Walter Garfield: I’ve never shot anyone before.
    Jean Claude Clermont: It’s easy.
    Walter Garfield: Have you?
    Jean Claude Clermont: I’m about to.

& James Granger: What is all this?
    Claire Simone: People’s lives.
    James Granger: What people?
    Claire Simone: Jews.

& James Granger: I’ve never seen you smile.
    Claire Simone: Well, James, it’s April in Paris. Haven’t you heard? They write songs about it.

& Claire Simone: I am out of wine, but I have cognac.
    James Granger: I should go.
    Claire Simone: You could stay. It’s Paris, you know?

& Frank Stokes: Looks like the lieutenant here is standing on an unexploded mine.
    Preston Savitz: Why would you do that?
    Frank Stokes: I asked him the same thing.
    James Granger: He did.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий