19 июн. 2014 г.

Breakfast at Tiffany's

& Holly: I don’t even want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I’m not sure where that is, but I know what it’s like. It’s like Tiffany’s.
    Paul: Tiffany’s? You mean the jewelry store?
    Holly: That’s right. I’m crazy about Tiffany’s.

& Holly: Listen... You know those days when you get the mean reds?
    Paul: The mean reds? You mean, like the blues?
    Holly: No. The blues are because you’re getting fat or maybe it’s been raining too long. You’re just sad, that’s all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you’re afraid, and you don’t know what you’re afraid of... Well , when I get it, the only thing that does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany’s. Calms me down right away. The quietness, the proud look of it... Nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place, that made me feel like Tiffany’s, then... Then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name.

& Holly: I’ve got to do something about the way I look. I mean, a girl just can’t go to Sing-Sing with a green face.
    Paul: Sing-Sing?
    Holly: I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing-Sing, I mean. It sounds more like it should be an opera house or something.

& Holly: How do I look?
    Paul: Very good... I must say I’m amazed.

& Holly: I suppose you think I’m very brazen or ’trés fou’ or something.
    Paul: I don’t think you’re any fouer than anybody else.
    Holly: Yes, you do. Everybody does. And I don’t mind. It’s useful being top banana in the shock department.

& Holly: We’re friends, that’s all. We are friends, aren’t we?
    Paul: Sure.
    Holly: OK, let’s don’t say another word. Let’s just go to sleep.


♪ Moon river, wider than a mile ♪
♪ I’m crossing you in style some day ♪
♪ Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker ♪
♪ Wherever you’re goin’, i’m goin’ your way ♪


& Holly: Do you think she’s talented? Deeply and importantly talented?
    Paul: No. Amusingly and superficially talented, yes... But deeply and importantly talented, no.

& Holly: Gracious.

& Holly: It should take you exactly 4 seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two.

& Holly: It turns out he owes $700,000. Can you imagine anyone owing $700000? $43, yes. But $700000?..

& Holly: I’ll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I’d marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?
    Paul: In a minute.
    Holly: I guess it’s pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?

& Holly: Well, my dear, you won’t believe this, but it turns out not only is he handsome and wildly rich, he’s absolutely cuckoo for me.
    Paul: You’re crazy!
    Holly: What? Do you think you own me?
    Paul: That’s exactly what I think.
    Holly: I know, I know. That’s what everybody always thinks, but everybody happens to be wrong.
    Paul: Look, I’m not everybody... Or am I?!

& Holly: Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?

& Paul: Message for you.
    Holly: Oh, yes, I see. Did he bring it in person, or was it... just there, shoved under the door?
    Paul: A cousin.
    Holly: Hand me my purse, will you, darling? A girl can’t read that sort of thing... Without her lipstick. You read it to me, will you, darling?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий