3 дек. 2012 г.

The Long Fuse

Elementary 1×8


& Holmes: The mind is a muscle, Watson. It needs to be exercised regularly lest it turn flabby.
    Watson: Most people just read a book.
    Holmes: I am reading a book.

& Holmes: Pre-explosion, this place looked like the deck of a starship. It’s unlikely any of the firm’s employees would use technology as antiquated as a pager.

& Heather Vanowen: We were told you work with the police.
    Holmes: I’m their consultant. This is Miss Watson. She is my consultant, slash housekeeper.

& Watson: You have 23 days. Then our time is up.

& Holmes: I’ve got it. I know where I was when I heard it... That one. That’s where I saw it, weeks ago. But what was the context?.. Yellow cartoon sponge man, sports news, mouthwash advert, Arctic Blue...
    Watson: You want to tell me what you’re doing?
    Holmes: Uh, Method of Loci, mnemonic device. Relies on memorized spatial relationships to establish, catalogue and recollect memorial content. If I remember what was on these six screens, I’ll remember what was on the seventh.


& Holmes: You want sex?
    Heather: Excuse me?
    Holmes: I’m not averse, Ms. Vanowen. I’m just busy. Perhaps we could set an appointment. You’re flirting. This crossword talk. You find me attractive. The feeling is mutual, mostly. The musculature of your legs and your shoulders suggests a certain elasticity I find quite tantalizing. I must warn you, however, a relationship between us could never go beyond the physical. No offense to you, of course. It’s just... not my way.

& Holmes: You see this slot here? That’s there to stop you from recording over the tape. You put Scotch tape there, it allows you to do so.
    Bell: Now all we got to do is find a VCR... in 2012.
    Holmes: Have you not been to my home yet, Detective Bell? I maintain several VCRs. I like to watch police interrogations from the ’70s and ’80s. Techniques were rawer back then, and, uh, you do, on occasion, learn something useful.

& Holmes: Small confession: I find the anti-prostitution laws in this country rather Victorian. Sex is a commodity. Why shouldn’t there be a market for it? But, of course, not everyone thinks like I do.

& Holmes: I found something on one of the scraps of paper that was used to pack the bomb. An imprint of the word “Novocain.” Useful handwriting sample, but the message itself, rather opaque. Until one considers your love of crosswords.
    Bell: Novocain. The answer to 144 across from the New York Times crossword, October 13, 2008. The clue was “pain’s enemy” in case you forgot.
Ω Bazinga!

& Watson: What’s the harm in getting to know the guy?

& Holmes: If I help him with his assignment, it does not mean I am assenting to his sponsorship.
    Watson: Of course it doesn’t.
    Holmes: I am quite self-sufficient.
    Watson: Of course you are.

--
On the IMDb

Σ 'Cuddy'`s here. Wow.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий