5 дек. 2012 г.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

& Abe: ’History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality. Soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. Whatever history remembers of me, if it remembers anything at all, it shall only be a fraction of the truth.’

& Nancy Lincoln: Until every man is free, we are all slaves.

& Barts: All right, Mr. Lincoln... There are other ways to collect a debt.

& Sturges: Power, Lincoln... real power, comes not from hate, but from truth.

& Sturges: Don’t forget... always have a contingency plan.

& Mary Todd: It’s called a dance. If we were meant to sit alone, they would have called it something else.

& Mary Todd: Mr. Lincoln, you are full of surprises.
    Abe: Miss Todd, you have no idea.

& Abe: Miss Todd, you are a woman of ravishing resourcefulness.
    Mary Todd: Mr. Lincoln, you have no idea.


& Abe: Mary, what if something was going on, something terrible, and you knew that there was no way on earth that one man could stop it? What would you do?
    Mary Todd: Well, I wouldn’t back away from what’s right just because it’s hard. My father used to say, “Plant your feet and stand firm. The only question is where to put your feet.”

& Sturges: You can’t save the world, and the ones you love, Lincoln. You need to make a choice.

& Adam: Men have enslaved each other since they invented gods to forgive them for doing it. I have seen Jews build Egypt’s glory. Seen Christians thrown to lions with my own eyes. And I have seen Africans sell their own kind to Europeans. May I share one of the revelations of my 5,000 years? We’re all slaves to something. I, to eternity. You, to your convictions. Others, to the color of their skin...

& Adam: All I ask.... is for you to break your chains. Kill your master. Be free.

& Abe: Thank you, Henry. I suppose some vampires can be trusted.
    Sturges: As can some men, Abraham.

& Sturges: Abraham, let me make you immortal. Let us fight through the ages, side by side.
    Abe: Vampires are not the only things that live forever.

Linkin Park — Powerless

♪ I watched you fall apart and chased you to the end ♪
♪ I am left with emptiness that words cannot defend ♪
♪ You will never know what I became because of you ♪
♪ Ten thousand promises ♪
♪ Ten thousand ways to lose ♪
♪ And you held it all ♪
♪ And I was by your side ♪
♪ Powerless ♪
♪ Powerless ♪

& Sturges: A guy only gets that drunk when he wants to kiss a girl or kill a man. So, which is it?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Delirium. Although, with proper preparation... anashulick: ...Нет ничего хуже обманутых ожиданий.
Поэтому их лучше просто не ожидать, эти ожидания.
И тогда результат вполне может оказаться приемлемым.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий