16 дек. 2012 г.

The Leviathan

Elementary 1×10

& Erlich: If you know our work, you know that we introduced a new flagship product in 2009.
    Holmes: The Leviathan. Yes. The safe that you marketed as impregnable. Did you people learn nothing from the Titanic?

& Holmes: If you want to know the answer, just take me to the diamond exchange. We’ll talk fee on the way, although... I’m not sure I have a rate for a job that’s only gonna take an hour or two.

& Holmes: Cardboard box can take care of the motion sensor. The light detector they would mask with simple black tape... Body heat sensor in the ceiling could be coated with hair spray, buy a little time, which brings us to... the door itself, yes. She is beautiful, hmm.

& Holmes: Before you say anything, I would like to remind you that I’m holding an ax.

& Watson: That’s obvious?
    Holmes: When you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, is the truth.
    Watson: And what’s impossible here is that you couldn’t break into the safe, but someone else could. In other worlds, you are the smartest man in the world... Waiting for you to chime in and say that’s ridiculous.

& Watson: I think the only reason you’re clinging to this copycat theory is because you couldn’t figure it out.
    Holmes: I’m playing the probabilities. That’s what I always do.

& Watson: I’m not okay with this!
    Holmes: You don’t like where it’s hanging?
    Watson: You stole a $50 million painting!
    Holmes: I did not steal it; I’m just delaying its return.


& Watson: That looks like something your printer spits out when it’s trying to test to see if it works.
    Holmes: It looks like sheer nonsense. That’s what it is supposed to look like. It’s a programming language called “Malbolge.” It was designed to be impenetrable. The language’s creator named it after the eighth circle of hell in Dante’s Inferno. Now, there are few people in the world who can even recognize Malbolge as anything other than gibberish. Fewer still who can write software using it.

& Holmes: When you’ve eliminated the impossible, Watson, whatever remains...
    Watson: Yeah, you said that already.

& Watson: I know you’re gonna blow this off, but I’m gonna say it anyway: thank you. I’ve never been able to make my family understand what I do.
    Holmes: Yes, well, I meant very little of what I said.
    Watson: There’s the blowing-off part.

& Watson: It’s 3:00 in the morning!
    Holmes: It’s nearly finished. Don’t turn it down. I’m basking.

& Holmes: Seems rather noble, this Audrey Higuerra, doesn’t she? Very noble indeed. I don’t like her.
    Watson: Is that because she’s a chaplain or because she has a “Habitat For Humanity” sticker in her window?
    Holmes: I don’t like her because she doesn’t fit... She doesn’t fit anywhere.
    Watson: Well, we found her blood in Justin Guthrie’s apartment. And someone once said once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, is the truth.
    Holmes: Sounds like a windbag.

& Holmes: I suppose being proven right is the best gift of all.

& Watson: Triplets?

& Joan’s Mom: There was a spark. A sense of excitement. I haven’t seen that in you in a long time. You like what he does.
    Watson: Yes, okay, I enjoy it. But I’m not a detective, Mom. And I’m almost done working with Sherlock, and then it’s on to another client.
    Mom: Will the next client make you happy?.. People find their paths in the strangest of ways.

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий