27 авг. 2012 г.

The Cabin in the Woods

& Jules: Professor fuckwad.

& Dana: What if I get bored?
    Jules: You think these will help? Soviet Economic Structures? Aftermath of the...

& Curt: Marty! Fuck is wrong with you, bro?
    Marty: People in this town drive in a very counterintuitive manner. That’s what I have to say.

& Jules: Honey, that’s not okay.
    Marty: Statistical fact... Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car.
    Jules: Why?
    Marty: They fear this man. They know he sees further than they. And he will bind them with ancient logics.

& Jules: I hope this is the right road. It doesn’t even show up on the GPS. It is unworthy of global positioning.
    Marty: That’s the whole point. Get off the grid, right? No cell phone reception... no traffic cameras... Go someplace for one goddamn weekend where they can’t... globally position my ass, man.

& Lin: Do we pipe it in, or do you wanna do it orally?
    Sitterson: Ask me that again, only slower.

& Truman: How can you wager* on this when you control the outcome?
    Hadley: No, we just get ’em in the cellar. They take it from there. They have to make the choice of their own free will. Otherwise the system doesn’t work.
    Sitterson: It’s like the harbinger*. It’s this creepy old fuck, practically wears a sign, “You will die.” Why do we put him there? The system. They have to choose to ignore him... and they have to choose what happens in the cellar.

& Jules: What the hell was that?
    Dana: It’s the cellar door.
    Curt: The wind must’ve blown it open.
    Marty: That makes what kinda sense?
    Holden: What do you think is down there?
    Jules: Why don’t we find out?

& Marty: Ok, I’m drawing a line in the fucking sand. Do NOT read the Latin!


& Sitterson: There’s always next year.

& Truman: They’re like something from a nightmare.
    Lin: No. They’re something nightmares are from.

& Marty: We are not who we are... I’m gonna go read a book with pictures.

& Marty: I thought there’d be stars.

& Marty: Oh-my-God. I’m on a reality TV show... My parents are gonna think I’m such a burnout.

& Dana: You’re missing the point.
    Hadley: Please, do not go nuts on me, okay, Dana? You’re all I’ve got, now.
    Dana: I’m okay.
    Hadley: Good, okay, ’cause I need you calm. Okay, no matter what happens, we gotta stay...

& Truman: You’re celebrating?!
    Lin: They’re celebrating. I’m drinking.

& Marty: There’s no controls inside, but there’s maintenance overrides in there. And I think I can get it to go down.
    Dana: Do we wanna go down?
    Marty: Where else are we gonna go?

& Marty: Good work, zombie arm.

& Sitterson: Why aren’t the defenses working? Where’s the fucking gas?
    Hadley: Something chewed through the connections in the utility shaft.
    Sitterson: Something which?
    Hadley: Something scary!

& Dana: This is part of a ritual.
    Marty: A ritual sacrifice? Great. You tie someone to a stone, get a fancy dagger and a bunch of robes. Is that that complicated?

& The Director: There must be at least five. The whore. She’s corrupted. She dies first. The athlete. The scholar. The fool. All suffer and die at the hands of... whatever horror they have raised... leaving the last, to live or die... as fate decides. The virgin.
    Dana: Me? Virgin?
    The Director: We work with what we have.

& The Director: You can die with them... or you can die for them.
    Marty: Gosh, they’re both so enticing.

& Dana: You know... I don’t think Curt even has a cousin.
    Marty: Ha!

--
wager — ставка; пари
harbinger — предвестник

+ quotes on the Imdb.

Σ Wow. It was unexpected. Such a fiendish plot. Break of a pattern.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий