22 авг. 2012 г.

Falling Skies 2x9

The Price of Greatness

& Tom: Arthur also wrote “From Darkness, Democracy,” which is one of the best histories on the Revolutionary War. Clearly, lessons you’re putting into practice. The new United States of America, in which you are...
    Arthur Manchester: Majority leader. “President” felt presumptuous.

& Weaver: I may not like it, but the Colonel is making sense. We’re here now. We’re in Charleston... We’re in Charleston.
    Anne: Tom.
    Tom: No, Captain Weaver’s right. We need to start thinking beyond the 2nd Mass now.

& Anne: If I had a pot, I’d make us some coffee.
    Tom: If I had a cup, I’d drink it.


& Arthur: Our founding fathers had remarkable foresight, but not even they could have imagined an alien attack... We’re going to need a political system designed for a post-invasion world, Tom. We could be like Washington and Jefferson, founders of a new democracy...
    Tom: I have to admit — the historian in me is intrigued.

& Tom: I want to read you something that a friend of mine wrote about a different war... “There were some who advocated accommodation, who believed the enemy would only be enraged by outright rebellion. But they were outnumbered by those who understood that freedom would only come once the enemy had been driven from their land.”

& Pope: So, the deal is... I give up Mason, Mason burns... And I walk free?
    Arthur: I only want the truth.
    Pope: Truth is... Tom Mason is a... pompous, semi-erudite history buff with delusions of grandeur. And if anybody is gonna knock him off his pedestal... It’s gonna be me... And not some two-bit tin-pot dictator of Charleston, S.C. Salud.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий