30 июн. 2014 г.

Roman Holiday

& Princess Ann: Can I keep just one light on?
    Doctor: Of course. The best thing I know is to do exactly what you wish for a while.
    Princess Ann: Thank you, Doctor!

& Joe Bradley: Hey, hey. Wake up.
    Princess Ann: Thank you very much.
    Joe Bradley: Wake up!
    Princess Ann: No, thank you.

& Joe Bradley: You’re well read, well dressed, snoozing away in a public street. Would you care to make a statement?
    Princess Ann: What the world needs is a return to sweetness and decency in the souls of its young men and...
    Joe Bradley: Yeah, I couldn’t agree with you more, but...

& Taxi driver: What you want? You don’t want girl, me don’t want girl. Police. Maybe she want girl!

& Princess Ann: Is this the elevator?
    Joe Bradley: It’s my room!

& Princess Ann: This is very unusual. I’ve never been alone with a man before, even with my dress on. With my dress off, it’s most unusual.


& Mr. Hennessy: How did Her Highness react to the idea of a European Federation?
    Joe Bradley: She thought it was just fine.
    Mr. Hennessy: She did?
    Joe Bradley: She thought there’d be two effects.
    Mr. Hennessy: Two?
    Joe Bradley: The direct and the indirect.
    Mr. Hennessy: Remarkable.
    Joe Bradley: Naturally, she thought that the indirect would not be as direct as the direct.
    Mr. Hennessy: That is, not right away.
    Joe Bradley: No. Later on, of course, nobody knows.
    Mr. Hennessy: Well, well. That was a shrewd observation. They fool you, these royal kids. They’re smarter than we suspect.

& Joe Bradley: Am I fired?
    Mr. Hennessy: No. When I want to fire you, you won’t have to ask. You’ll know you’re fired.

& Joe Bradley: What’s your name?
    Princess Ann: You may call me... Anya.
    Joe Bradley: Well thank you, Anya.

& Princess Ann: I could do some things I’ve always wanted to.
    Joe Bradley: Like what?
    Princess Ann: You can’t imagine. I’d like to do whatever I liked, the whole day long.
    Joe Bradley: Like having your hair cut and eating gelati?
    Princess Ann: Yes, and I’d like to sit at a sidewalk café, look in shop windows, walk in the rain... Have fun, and maybe some excitement.

& Princess Ann: What is your work?
    Joe Bradley: Oh, I’m in the selling game.
    Princess Ann: Really? How interesting. What do you sell?
    Joe Bradley: ...Fertilizer! Chemicals, stuff like that.

& Princess Ann: Shall I cook something?
    Joe Bradley: No kitchen. I always eat out.
    Princess Ann: Do you like that?
    Joe Bradley: Well, life isn’t always what one likes.
    Princess Ann: Is it?
    Joe Bradley: No, it isn’t.

& Irving: She’s fair game, Joe. It’s always open season on princesses.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий