25 мая 2021 г.

The Crossing

The Handmaid's Tale 4×3


Aunt Lydia: Hello, dear...

Aunt Lydia: Ofjoseph is in good hands. I am here as her advocate. Think of me as her guardian angel.
Nick: Be strong with the Lord... and in the strength of His might.

Aunt Lydia: You wicked, wicked girl...

Aunt Lydia: Tell him, dear. While God's merciful light still shines upon you.
June: There is no light here. God has forsaken this place.

Lieutenant: Praise be. Gentlemen... Bless us, O Lord, for this holy service we are grateful to perform in Your name. In our search for justice, may You guide this sinner to righteousness and repentance. Amen.

Rachel Tapping: My grandmother used to bury a green persimmon in the backyard for luck. For what it's worth.

Luke: Did she choose this?
Moira: Who, June? No, she didn't choose this.
Luke: Because she chose to stay in Gilead, right, and she knew she'd probably get caught.
Moira: Maybe... Die trying to do something good.
Luke: It's just... It's just she knew she'd probably never see me again. Right? She knew she'd probably never see either of us again. And, um, that's the choice that she made and, uh, you know, I gotta respect it. I gotta respect her. I can't ask God for something that she didn't want.

Commander Lawrence: Well, she isn't stupid, but she is stubborn, which I guess is a form of stupidity. Perhaps it's the most virulent form.

Commander Lawrence: You can't save her. You understand that, right? She is never coming back to you. Why would she?
Nick: I know. I just, you know... I want her to stay alive.
Commander Lawrence: Yeah, well... It's always nice to want things.

June: No, the Gilead... they'd never hurt a child. That's all they care about.
Commander Lawrence: Gilead doesn't care about children. Gilead cares about power. Faithfulness, old-time values, homemade bread... That's... Just the means to the end. It's distraction and window-dressing. I thought you would've figured that out by now.
June: I thought you were gonna clean up your mess.
Commander Lawrence: I can't do it from the end of a rope. This is where we are.

Aunt Lydia: My sweet girl. Hmm? So much change to adjust to. But try to remember that all of this is your doing. Everything that has happened to you, to Hannah, to Janine and the others, to those poor Marthas, all of it, you're responsible. Your fault. Your choice. Your choice.

Aunt Lydia: All right, let's get you cleaned up. This is the start of a new adventure...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий