12 мая 2021 г.

Mitch's Son and the Unconditional Approval of a Government Agency

Young Sheldon 4×14


Adult Sheldon: I'm very much a creature of habit. Perhaps it's a trait I got from my father. Every night he would go through the mail, and every night, like clockwork, he would get very cranky.
George: Damn bills.
Mary: George!
Adult Sheldon: You'd think he'd get used to it, but night after night it upset him all over again.
George: Jury duty? Son of a...

Sheldon: You realize they're wrong. My return was flawless.
George: I-It's four dollars. Forget it.
Sheldon: But they're saying I made a mistake!
Mary: You also got us a nice refund. You did a great job.
Adult Sheldon: I appreciated my mother's love, but what a boy really craves is the unconditional approval of a government agency.

George: Just drop it, we don't want to get on their radar.
Sheldon: But if you send that check, it's like admitting I made a mistake when I didn't.
George: Sheldon, sometimes being right isn't the most important thing.
Sheldon: I'm glad you feel that way, because, boy, are you wrong.

Connie: House salad? You watching your figure?
Dale: I have a physical tomorrow.
Connie: Oh, so your plan is to start eating healthy now?
Dale: Can't hurt.
Connie: It ain't gonna undo 70 years of red meat and beer.
Dale: I'm not trying to undo it, I'm just trying to hide it under some lettuce.

Missy: Son of a Mitch!
Mary: Melissa Cooper!
Missy: What? I said "Mitch." There's nothing wrong with that.
Mary: But you meant another word.
Missy: I'm sorry, what other word?
Mary: Just watch it!

George: Hello. Playing with your trains?
Sheldon: I'm punishing myself by looking at them, but not allowing myself to run them.

Mary: Why are you readin' the Bible?
Missy: I felt bad about last night, so I thought it might be good for me.
Mary: Where are you going with this?
Missy: Nowhere, I just want to make you happy.
Mary: Uh-huh.
Missy: "And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses."
Mary: Okay. Stop.
Missy: What? I'm just reading from Genesis.
Mary: Well, cut it out.
Missy: Fine. Let's try Exodus... "And on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest."
Mary: That is it, you are grounded.
Missy: For reading the Bible?
Mary: The way you are doing it, yes. Go to your room.
Missy: Okay. I don't have a donkey. But if I did, I'd take my ass out of here.

Sheldon: I made a mistake that's gonna cost us a lot of money that we don't have. I feel so stupid.
George: Hey. It's okay to feel stupid.
Sheldon: No, it's not.
George: It just means you're growing. If you don't look back and think you were dumb, then you, then you haven't learned anything.

Sheldon: So what do we do?
George: We get back in there.
Sheldon: What if we lose?
George: Doesn't matter... win or lose, we don't give up, all right? Now let's get in there and show 'em what we're made of... what do you say?
Sheldon: I've heard you give that exact same pep talk at football games.
George: Well, I didn't have a special one prepared.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий