23 мая 2021 г.

Nest Box

Ozark 1×7


Jonah Byrde: Can I kill starlings?
Wendy Byrde: What?!
Jonah Byrde: If I get a hunting license this semester?
Wendy Byrde: Honey, I don't want you shooting anything.
Jonah Byrde: You're supposed to kill starlings. They're invaders. They steal nests and peck unhatched eggs. ... If you kill one female, you've stopped the production of 11 birds.

Wendy Byrde: It looks like a zombie mermaid pissing in the ocean.

Ms. Mott: This pledge is a particularly important commitment, because drugs are the most destructive force affecting America today. You can sign your papers now. Signing this is essential in early adolescence, since we're developing and cementing our personal moral code while peer pressure is at its peak... Oh, Jonah, you haven't signed?
Jonah Byrde: Can I think about it?
Ms. Mott: What could you possibly have to think about?
Jonah Byrde: Well, it... It's complicated. I mean, the economics of it all.
Ms. Mott: Um, I need the paper, Jonah. Signed.
Jonah Byrde: You wouldn't want me to sign something I don't completely believe in, would you?..
Ms. Mott: Quiet! Uh, you don't think it's important to say no to drugs and alcohol?
Jonah Byrde: Well, it's just not that simple.
Ms. Mott: How is it not that simple? Drugs are addictive. They cause crime and death.
Jonah Byrde: And they also prop up the US economy...
Ms. Mott: I said quiet! What are you talking about?
Jonah Byrde: Are you familiar with gross domestic product? It's the total of all the money spent...
Ms. Mott: I know what gross domestic product is.
Jonah Byrde: I mean, I'd definitely sign something that says, "It'd be great if people didn't get addicted to drugs." But... people are addicted to drugs. And in order to get the drugs, they have to buy them, right? And that drug dealer has to feed his family. They're innocent. They can't starve, can they?
Ms. Mott: Jonah, how about we just...
Jonah Byrde: They need a house and clothes. And the family needs a car. There's even this theory that says drug money was the only thing that prevented the collapse of the global economy in 2008. You know, when real estate went bust. Because drug money was the only cash available to prop up big banks. Not to mention the 350 million narco-dollars that paid for bridges and roads and health care... probably even education. Maybe even part of this school.

Martin 'Marty' Byrde: It all comes down to safety and trust. 'Cause we're constantly getting sold to or advertised to or... or promised to. Um, I think half the reason that we cave sometimes is 'cause we have no idea what the other person's saying, right? Take your car to a mechanic, you pray to God what he's telling you is the truth. It's crazy.
Eugenia Dermody: So what are you sellin' me?

Martin 'Marty' Byrde: You know, I'm... I'm not begging for your business. I would... I would love to have it. However, if you would feel more comfortable with your current manager, I'd recommend that you do that. 'Cause, as... as I was saying, I think that the most important thing, when it comes to your money, is feeling safe.

Charlotte Byrde: Well, where are your friends? What do you tell them?
Wendy Byrde: I tell them what I believe to be true. That this is a family sabbatical. Return to simplicity.

Wendy Byrde: We are way past any point of assimilation here. We took her life away. Everything she thought was safe is a lie.
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: We'll look deeper for what's here.
Wendy Byrde: I know what's here. Trust me. It's the shit you run away from. It's pickups and warm beer and low expectations. It's grown men with bourbon on their breath, who lean in a little too close and say, "My, how you've grown."

Wendy Byrde: You shut me out the minute we decided to launder the stupid fucking money.
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: Well, maybe I was trying to protect you.
Wendy Byrde: I didn't want protection! I wanted you. I wanted you, you idiot... Why do you even want me here?
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: Necessity. Not desire.

Wendy Byrde: All right, Marty. Why don't you just tell me the fuckin' truth? Just tell me the truth.
Martin 'Marty' Byrde: .... Oh, you broke my heart, Wendy.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий